Search results for query: *

1. revrat

New Shoe Day!

Solid. Nothing coming apart on them with three pairs in the rotation for two years. They get more use than all of my other shoes. My older white ones are showing some dirt that the magic eraser isn't getting off anymore, but that's to be expected. They're the ones I wear the most.
  2. revrat

New Shoe Day!

Looking at the new ones versus the old ones, there seems to be significantly more of the waterproofing stuff on the upper than the previous version, which has been nothing short of excellent.
  3. revrat

Pocket polo yes or no?

I've got plenty of pockets on my cargo shorts. Don't need them on my polo shirts. :golf:
  4. revrat

New Shoe Day!

Same, but I take that as an opportunity to buy new shirts! :cool:
  5. revrat

New Shoe Day!

I was on the fence about whether to get the green ones right away or not, but they look much better in hand than they do in pics. I jumped on the orange and blue immediately, but I may actually like the green better now that they're sitting right in front of me.
  6. revrat

New Shoe Day!

I love the original Asics Gel Kayano Ace, and had to have these when the new colors came to my attention. Hands down the most comfortable walking golf shoes I've ever had.
  7. revrat

what, could it be 3w Love?

I binned my 3w in favor of a 17degree Apex UW. No regrets at all. 3w was just too inconsistent for me, and even with more loft, the UW is just as long. With the versatility and ease of use I get out of the UW, and I may never bag a 3w again.
  8. revrat

Mizuno RB Tour and RB Tour X Golf Ball Review Thread

After suffering a torn oblique the day before Thanksgiving, I was finally able to get back out on the course this week. I brought a sleeve of the RB Tour and the X for today's round. I normally play the Z-Star, either the regular or the Diamond, but if those aren't available, I'd happily play...
  9. revrat

New Release: Callaway Apex UW

I ended up dropping my 3w when I added the 17deg UW. I don't feel that I've lost anything at all. The 3w was maybe a touch longer on really well struck shots on teed up balls, but not by enough to outweigh the utility and forgiveness and ease of use the UW brings everywhere else. The positive...
  10. revrat

PUMA ProAdapt AlphaCat Golf Shoes

I have a pair of those on the way. White with navy and red. $118 from Puma store on Amazon. If they're as comfortable as the regular Alphacats, I'm going to love them. This will be my third pair. I'm thinking hard on the navy disc version too.
  11. revrat

6 footer ... what are you choosing?

From 6 feet? They're all straight, sir, if you hit them hard enough. :cool::ROFLMAO:
  12. revrat

Best Course Logo?

:ROFLMAO:
  13. revrat

2023 Galway Bay Rainwear Collection

Well, s**t. This thread just cost me money. Only took about 12 minutes of full on ponder mode. I even ponied up for 2 day shipping to make sure it gets here before I leave for my Bandon Dunes trip this weekend. There's a good price break on bundled gear, by the way, if you're looking. Jacket and...
  14. revrat

Comfortable shoes for walking, with spikes

The most comfortable spiked shoes I've worn for walking have been the ZG21 and the Ecco Biom G3. I prefer the ZG21 of the two. I walk probably 90% of my rounds.
  15. revrat

I got some of each to try out. I really enjoyed the feel of the RB Tour. It didn't seem to be quite as long as my Z-Star or Z-Star Diamond, but that could well be due to cool weather, and quite wet and soft fairways. Certainly still quite usable distance though. Enough that I hit one par five...
  16. revrat

That must suck for you guys that can keep a ball for 80 shots.:ROFLMAO: I doubt I'll have that problem too often.
  17. revrat

I guess I'll just bite down and try to find some locally and try them out and get my own comparison. Like that wasn't going to happen anyway. :ROFLMAO:. I have a trip to Bandon Dunes later this month. They've got a great practice facility. I'll be able to putt, pitch and chip for hours.
  18. revrat

I'm diggin the Diamond pretty well. It's got noticeably more pop than the regular Z-Star, but definitely a more friendly feel than the XV. The Diamond and XV play to similar length for me, with the Diamond having much better brakes, and 1,000,000 times better feeling off the putter and wedges. I...
  19. revrat

Do you see the same spin delta between the two balls with the driver as well? If I could get the iron and wedge spin with keeping the driver spin down some, I'd probably get along with the X pretty well. I'm currently firmly stuck on the Z-Star Diamond, but I've always liked Mizuno stuff in...
  20. revrat

What’s your max distance for LW?

58 degree. Good for anything from a short chip to 100 yards with good contact on a full swing. 340+ if I skull it. Of course, that's estimated, because I won't find that one, most likely.
Back