Search results for query: *

1. revrat

New Shoe Day!

I love the original Asics Gel Kayano Ace, and had to have these when the new colors came to my attention. Hands down the most comfortable walking golf shoes I've ever had.
  2. revrat

Puma Shoe Durability

I really fell in love with the Puma Ignite NXT range of shoes over the last year, and have bought a few. I find them super comfortable, and they look good and come in quite a few colors that I enjoy. I recently picked up a pair of the Ignite NXT Pro shoes, and lacing them up this morning for the...
  3. revrat

Monterey, CA For Three Days

Do we have any Monterey regulars in the house? I'll be heading down there March 11-13, accompanying my ladyfriend to a work conference she's attending, and I'm unsupervised during conference hours, so that means I'm going golfing. I know Monterey golf can beat up the pocketbook, but I think I...
  4. revrat

Eye Opening Experience.....Driver Fitting

I recently bought myself a new driver and ordered online because I have this nasty habit of "knowing all I need to" about things I actually have no clue about. My new driver seemed ok initially, but I never really fell in love with the sound and feel, and it was a bit erratic in play, so I...
  5. revrat

Going To Bandon This Fall...Tell Me About Rain Gear

Title says it all. Week before Thanksgiving. Bandon. May need rain gear. I've never played golf with rain gear, nor do I have any that would be suitable, so you know what that means......Time for shopping/pondering. Help me out. If you play with rain gear, tell me what you like and hate. Rain...
  6. revrat

Sparks Emitting From a Golf Club

I'd never have expected to see anyhting like it, but a couple of rounds ago, it was getting darkish and we were on the last tee. One of my playing partners teed up, and ripped his driver, and I actually saw a spark shoot off the face of his club. Never before have I seen that, or even heard of...
  7. revrat

I Did What I Thought I'd Never Do

I feel like a moron. I walked off and left a wedge on the course. I'm afraid it's gone for good. I used on the 18th to chip up, and forgot it, and didn't miss it until the next day. I called the pro shop, and nobody brought it in. I went back out there to see if by some miracle it was still...
  8. revrat

So You Try To Do Something Nice For Someone...............

.....and you get it thrown in your face. I was out today playing as a single, and had a cart because there was a real good rate on the internet for my course, so I rode. On the 13th hole, I came upon an elderly couple whose cart had broken down. Being the nice guy that I am, I told them they...
  9. revrat

PSA: Shin Bones and Golf Balls.....Do Not Mix

I'd never been hit with a golf ball before yesterday. I do not recommend it. It sucks. I got paired up with a couple of cool guys at my local course yesterday, and we played up to a group of guys that as it turned out after speaking to them, were a bunch of first timers. They at least saw us...
  10. revrat

New Irons Are Here!

Fedex came to see me Wednesday with a nice long box from the Mizuno custom shop. I got a nice raise at work, and decided to treat myself and finally get some clubs that were fitted to me. So I opened up the box and checked out my new JPX 800 Pros with KBS Tours and New Decade grips built to my...
  11. revrat

New Personal Best Round.......and First Eagle!

Ahhhhhhhh, redemption! Two weeks ago I lipped out a putt for eagle, and it would have been my first. I was so bummed out about it, that it had an adverse impact on the rest of my round. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever be disappointed in a birdie. Well, today I got one back on...
  12. revrat

You know it's windy when...........

You know the wind is really moving when you flush a 6 iron off the tee on a 161 yard par three, which you normally hit an easy 7 iron to not fly the green, and only make it 3/4 the way there. The first leg of the front nine was into the wind, and it was really difficult. No distance at all on...
  13. revrat

Swing Breakthrough!

I have had a revelation in my take away and back swing. I have found that I have to "let it happen" instead of "make it happen". Being the control freak that I tend to be, it seems I have been fighting against myself in my golf swing. The more I tried to control things, the more I tended to get...
  14. revrat

Hello from northern CA!

New to your webisite. Live in northern CA about two hours north of SF. I'm fairly new to golf, at least new to playing regularly. I've decided to try and get better at the game since I live on a golf course. I normally shoot in the mid nineties, but I'm making steady progress, and enjoying the...
Back