Search results for query: *

1. Bortass

Need help staying down

I had another failed fitting today. The fitter said it wasn't a good idea to custom fit me since my swing isn't repeatable enough. Fair enough, at least he ws honest, even if I left feeling like an idiot for wasteing everyones time. One of my big flaws currently is that I sway instead of turn...
  2. Bortass

Frustrated

Ok, this is probably gonna be a long post because it involves some history. My first set of irons were off the rack Wilsons which I found out a few years after buying were - .5 inches from standard. I was reading golf forums at the time and heard how important a fitting was. I was a chronic...
  3. Bortass

Driver miss is opposite all other clubs

My miss this year has been left. I have played 3 9 hole rounds and my only slice was late in the third round when I weakened my grip to try to stop hooking the ball on a 5i shot from the fairway. My shots were either draws or hooks and I never used driver. I was on the range and trying to...
  4. Bortass

Lag

I finally know what lag feels like thanks to the PBS I bought last year. I seem to have no problem feeling the lag on chips, pitches, and full wedge shots. What I find is I get solid contact and a nice divot after the ball. This is doing wonders for my confidence when I have a wedge in my...
  5. Bortass

Why do you golf?

Dunno if this has been asked or if this is the right forum. Regardless why do you golf? I do it for fun and relaxation. I think walking 9 helps me blow off stress and keep my blood pressure down. It's my 'me time'.
  6. Bortass

Changing my bag

My current set is: Dr, 3w,5w, 7w, 3h, 5i - pw, 52* and 56* wedges, putter. There are clubs in my bag that rarely got used last year, driver, 5w, 7w, and the 3h. I used to tee off with the 7w a few years ago and it became a go to club for me. I averaged about 165 off the tee with it. I...
  7. Bortass

CLub off the tee

Vicar asked about driver distances. So I'll piggy back and ask what's the club you tee off with the most? 5 years ago I teed off with my 5i on all par 4 and 5s :banghead::banghead:. Took a few years off and in 2008 I teed off with a 7w. 2009 I moved up to my 3w. My goal is controllable...
  8. Bortass

What to do with a dead car?

Here's the deal. We found out yesterday that my wifes '02 PT Cruiser with about 86k miles on it needs a new engine. That's 6.5k and the car is maybe worth 1k. So we're now in the market for a replacement vehicle and I'm wondering what to do with the PT Cruiser. I don't expect to be able to...
  9. Bortass

What to work on aka what do the stats tell me

Hopefully this post is ok for this section. If not feel, free to move or delete. I'm looking for an opinion(s) about what to work on this upcoming year. Here are some numbers and I'm curious if they give you any insight. The following are based on my last 20 rounds, I play 9 hole rounds...
  10. Bortass

Do you believe in the kindness of the Golf Gods?

Diane's post on the wrath of the Golf Gods prompted this. I figure there must be another side of the coin other wise the Golf gods are just evil and live to vex us. I played a 9 hole round back in 08 and I went on the last 3 holes, all par 4s, birdie, par, birdie. Including sinking a 40 foot...
Back