Search results for query: *

1. Just_Brad

You've Been Selected For a THP Event - Now What Do I Do?

You've been selected for a THP Event, now what do I do? You are excited, itching for the event to arrive, and have a ton of golf prep to do. But what else can you do to help take your experience to the next level? We were fortunate over the past year, you gain a lot of guidance from @Muchmore...
  2. Just_Brad

Blew It Up, Trying To Piece it Back Together Again

After seeing JB's post about How Long Does It Take a Grip Change to Take Effect, I figured I would share a bit more. So foolishly I decided that after seeing great results out of my new Grandaddy setup, that I would try and fix things, because I was greedy and wanted more. I was seeing the...
  3. Just_Brad

Comparing Golf Clubs - what are you basing it on?

Often there are posts that go up comparing Club A to Club B, and what would you choose. To be honest, outside of Carry/Total/Spin, I have no idea what to look at. I am curious then, if you go to test a club, and compare it to something else, what factors weigh heavily on the decision? I will...
  4. Just_Brad

Trade In? Sell Locally?

I've never traded a club in on a trade-in trade-up promo. I typically will just sell locally on BST (usually Facebook now). How do you typically get rid of your old/unused/unwanted gear? Do you trade-in for the convenience of it? Do you think you get close to the same value as selling, or are...
  5. Just_Brad

New Travis Mathew Footwear 2/20/24?

Just noticed this while checking out Travis Mathew tonight. New lineup dropping 2/20/24. Casual and Performance. Color me intrigued! Man I hope the shoe above is a spiked version!!!
  6. Just_Brad

Shaft Flex - Grip Down or Cut Down

Weird question: I have a shaft I like, but it is uncut, and have been playing like that for ages. I always just grip down like 1 - 1.5" If you grip down on a shaft, say an inch, flex wise is it the same as if you were to cut it down an inch? I am assuming yes, and think it should play the...
  7. Just_Brad

Simulator/Launch Monitor "Routines" for Offseason

I am struggling right now, in trying to find a flow/routine, for when I get into a simulator or onto a launch monitor. The idea is I want to fing my gappings, and also get swings in over winter. I want to be more informed about my swings and tendencies, and be looser come the start of the...
  8. Just_Brad

Comparing Fairway Wood Data on Simulators

When you look at data on simulators/launch monitors for fairway woods, are you doing so off the mat or teed up? I am trying to figure out distances for gapping, and am struggling if off the mat info is useful (with turf i teraction as it is). Am I better off going more off teed up info, and...
  9. Just_Brad

Shot Shaping - Necessary for playing well/lowering handicap?

Do you think having the ability to work the ball, an on-command draw/fade, is necessary for playing well and/or lowering your handicap? I want to hit the ball straight, thats the goal for me. Hit it straight, and if not, know what my miss is (my case is a fade to a slice). I tend to think...
  10. Just_Brad

Holiday Meals - what do you love/hate to bring

For your holiday meals, do you have a food item you love to bring, or hate to bring?
  11. Just_Brad

Are you a Black Friday Adventurer?

Are you a Black Friday Adventurer? Do you/have you ventured out in the wee hours on Black Friday in search of deals? Or are you a sit at home and order online person? What had been your favorite item that you've snagged on Black Friday of years past?
  12. Just_Brad

Pristine Condition Golfer Vs. Poor Condition Golfer

Compare two golfers, exact same handicaps, playing similar difficulty courses (based on rating etc): Player A - plays a beautifully manicured private course, very receptive Player B - plays public courses, less maintained, domed greens, harder fairways/greens Who comes out on top if players...
  13. Just_Brad

Is Simulator Golf An Accurate Representation of How You Play

Is simulator golf an accurate representation of how you would play "on course" golf? Headed to the simulator this weekend, and plan on playing some Hideaway golf holes. Using it more as a tool to judge what I should maybe be taking for a club off the tee, and what sort of position it gives me...
  14. Just_Brad

Putter Adjustments

Something stuck in my head right now, is not understanding how putting adjustments work (meaning actually physically changing things like lie angle and loft). Can a putter with say a double bend shaft, a center shaft, and a plumbers neck all be adjusted/tweaked the same way? Can a putter with...
  15. Just_Brad

Travis Mathew BYOB

Came across the Travis Mathew BYOB Stand Bag this afternoon. Bizarely it popped up in a google ad, and wondered why I hadn't seen it previously. Pretty decent looking construction, 6 way divider, and a sleek look to it...
  16. Just_Brad

How do you convince people that THP is not only real, but that they should join?

A common theme that pops up lately, is when discussing THP, and THP events, that people don't believe us. Often we are met with "that sounds like a scam". I've tried talking convincing friends and other golfers that they should check out THP, or join the forums...... and am met with crickets...
  17. Just_Brad

Sim Golf League - tell me about it

A new golf facility is opening in our city, and is advertising Sim Golf League. $60 to enter, $40 per week/round. GC Hawks for the monitors. Do you sim golf league currently? Do you like it? What are you paying for rates? Seriously considering it. Get me out of the house once a week, keep...
  18. Just_Brad

Why did you choose the putter grip you use?

Why did you choose the putter grip you use? Comfort? Grip? Style?
  19. Just_Brad

Build Your Dream Putter!

You get a chance to build any putter you want, the putter of your dreams. What are you building? Give me some details, OEM, length, head, shaft, grip. Got a pic of it? Show me that! Mock one up, design one online and show us all what your dream putter is, or could be. Go crazy, this is...
  20. Just_Brad

Can you handle the unknown, or do you NEED to know?

When you see an announcement that an OEM will be dropping something, do you try searching before details have dropped? Are you all in on leaked club pictures? Or brush it off, and wait for a real announcement? Does a secret get under your skin? That you need to know? That an answer of...
Back