Search results for query: *

1. G

Flex - Go as soft as possible?

All - Have heard and read the following advice a few times across the boards, but thought I would ask the question here since I am in pondering mode in this new year - maybe one of those new Adams sets for when I don't feel like my XHP's are going to do it for me or my elbows are hurting too...
  2. G

Isn't hitting new irons before you buy a waste of time?

Hi all, Want to see some other opinions on this, or validate for me that am I the only crazy one that thinks like this! When I buy new irons (and I have bought my share - shame on these golf forums), I agree that it makes sense to get fitted to make sure lies are right and you are generally...
  3. G

I want new irons - let me know your favorites please!

Hello All - doing some serious pondering going on for new irons, and I would like to tap into the vast database of club experience and expertise on this site to provide their "user experiences". First of all my stats: My HCP is 14.8; I am a Crappy driver of the ball and so-so putter, but...
  4. G

Adams Idea Black CB3, with Graphite Shafts - Opinions?

All, Have an opportunity to pick up a set of Adams Idea CB3 for a good deal. These have the stock Matrix Ozik Program 8.1 Graphite shafts (I have a choice of reg of stiff flex), and that is where my question lies. Does anyone have any experience with these irons, and particularly these...
  5. G

Standard club lie comparison question

All, I have an opportunity to pick up a set of clubs (R11's or Cally Raxr XTours) at good price from a private seller (that I know). He bought them right off the rack so they are standard off-the-shelf lofts and lies. I'm not going to go into Golfsmith or GG and get fitted for clubs that I...
  6. G

Rules Question - swapping out balls

Are there any rules that impact changing golf balls during your round? I think there is one that prevents you from swapping out a ball that is in play (tee to hole) unless it is damaged/altered, but if you get tired of an "unlucky" ball or it gets a little nicked up or marked up, can you swap...
  7. G

Cally Uniflex versus Cally Reg Flex Graphite - Any opinions

Hi All - Looking for user opinions between these two shafts. I have the Cally RazrX with Uniflex, and hit them OK; also have a set of Taylormade Reg Flex Graphites (Superfast 65s) that I hit OK. I actually like the swingweight of the Burners better, and they fell a lot better better on my...
  8. G

Hello from Wisconsin!

Hello everybody - Gary from Wisconsin here! Came across while digging for some information on Burner 2.0 and Cally RAZR X irons. Found quite a bit of information, so I decide to stick around and try to someday help answer someone else's questions! Hurry up Spring!
Back