1999 Vokey Prototype 54*

loquaciouspanda

loquaciouspanda
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
Good afternoon, fellow hackers!

I picked this wedge up at my local Play-It-Again for $15, so I doubt there's any real value to it; I just thought it was pretty cool. Any thoughts?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433539720.897176.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433539730.599013.jpg

That's awesome! Idk the value but I'm sure someone on here does!

Anyone? Not sure if this is worth $15 or more since it's a Vokey prototype..

Doubt it's worth much but it's an awesome club!

Probably worth cleaning up a bit

Probably worth cleaning up a bit
How would you suggest cleaning it? I've read Coke is bad for it, and I've been using dish soap and water for the face but the grooves are actually really clean.

Rough cloth. Maybe even light brushing with steel wool. Some people like the rusty finish

How would you suggest cleaning it? I've read Coke is bad for it, and I've been using dish soap and water for the face but the grooves are actually really clean.

You can try submerging it in CLR for awhile, or scrub the hell out of it with a tooth brush and vinegar. That will get some of the surface rust off and shiny it up a bit. Then you could always paintfill it after that and bring it back to life!

Then you could always paintfill it after that and bring it back to life!
I've heard some people pool up spray paint in a container and paintfill with that. Would that work?

I've heard some people pool up spray paint in a container and paintfill with that. Would that work?
Eh I'd go to Michaels and pick up testors enamel paint. It's only like $2 and it works great. I've never tried the spray paint route but many here have a lot of success with the testors.

That's what I thought. I'll run by tomorrow! Just to make sure, vinegar/toothbrush won't damage the club or alter its playability?

That's what I thought. I'll run by tomorrow! Just to make sure, vinegar/toothbrush won't damage the club or alter its playability?

Nope not at all. Just pour some vinegar into a cup and dip the tooth brush in the cup and scrub away. You won't hurt it one bit it. If you have a club cleaning tool and you get some stubborn rust dip that in the vinegar and use the steel side and that won't hurt it either. Check out the paintfill thread here if you need some direction with the paintful. A lot of step by step instructors with pictures too! Make sure you post some before and after pictures!

Not worth a ton. They pop up on the bay from time to time. I love raw wedges though. Had a set of these back in the day. They each had unique sole grinds for different uses.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Not worth a ton. They pop up on the bay from time to time. I love raw wedges though. Had a set of these back in the day. They each had unique sole grinds for different uses.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I didn't think it would be, but it's still a pretty cool wedge. Looks like the grooves will be playable for a while too.

Back