2015 Titleist Pro V1x Ball Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great thoughts, Dan.

It's my go-to this season. It's a great allrounder IMO. Though, the toughest question for most consumers is, does it out perform similar top end balls from other companies, which are generally slightly cheaper?

Good job Dan. Nice to see some improvements over previous model. Seeing results from other brands that equal or maybe better what I saw from previous version so I haven't tried this one yet. Might need to fin a sleeve.

Great stuff, Dan. Glad to hear they have added a little more durability.

Nice review Dan. Haven't had a chance to put any of the 2015s in play, but you mentioning better durability is excellent. Iirc earlier in the year in Hawaii at the Sony Jimmy Walker played the 2015 for an entire round, same ball. Also making it a little softer, better fitting for more golfers of ALL skill levels.

I don't play ProV's, but the improvement in durability is huge on a ball in the premium category. Good stuff, Dan.

I've played the Pro-v1x a few rounds as of late. I really like them. The kind of performance I would expect from a urethane covered ball. The durability was always my biggest complaint with the offering. This edition seems much better.

The only drawback for me is the price. I think there are balls with similar performance with much lower prices.

Great update on the ball Dan. It's been a favorite of mine since it's launch, and the continuous improvements keep bringing me back.

I've played the Pro-v1x a few rounds as of late. I really like them. The kind of performance I would expect from a urethane covered ball. The durability was always my biggest complaint with the offering. This edition seems much better.

The only drawback for me is the price. I think there are balls with similar performance with much lower prices.

I've played the Prov1x for years and must say I'm absolutely surprised you have durability issues. Next to the b330 series from Bridgestone these are the most durable ball I've ever played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played the Prov1x for years and must say I'm absolutely surprised you have durability issues. Next to the b330 series from Bridgestone these are the most durable ball I've ever played.

That's the thing. For years I played Brodgestone's B330-RX, B330, B330-S, and E5. Similar performance (if not equal), more durability, and all for a lower price compared to the Titleist. It has always been hard for me to commit to the Titleist.

That's the thing. For years I played Brodgestone's B330-RX, B330, B330-S, and E5. Similar performance (if not equal), more durability, and all for a lower price compared to the Titleist. It has always been hard for me to commit to the Titleist.

I see. I only use a ball for one round so I guess it doesn't matter to me. The ball makes it through the round with zero issues and could probably go for three more.

When I think of durability issues I think of something like the rzn that couldn't even make it through one round.

Different takes I guess .

I'm surprised at the comments on Bridgestone durability. I've experienced the exact opposite. I have scarred every B330 I've ever put in play with a wedge-the grooves cut right through them. Granted, these are square grooved wedges, but I've never had the same happen with either version of the Pro V1.

Ive been playing these off and on this year next to 330s 330rx and the 330 and I agree on them not being as durable as the Bridgestone, its not close to me still. Not in a ball getting cut or scuffed manner, but they discolor and show dirt crazy easily (not FG tour easy though). But still the V1 and V1x are, as always, solid balls.

Great write up Dan.

Thanks Dan.

I see. I only use a ball for one round so I guess it doesn't matter to me. The ball makes it through the round with zero issues and could probably go for three more.

When I think of durability issues I think of something like the rzn that couldn't even make it through one round.

Different takes I guess .

What's interesting, before the 2015 offering, I've never had a Pro-v last a round without scarring.

Great write up Dan !
Titleist is still the most lost ball in golf ! :bulgy-eyes:
(because of so many users)

Thanks for the review Dan. I suspected not much would change from the previous version, but looks like they improved in a couple of key areas. I'm not sure my SS is fast enough to get the benefits from this offering, but can see where a better ball striker or higher swing speed player can benefit.

I've been gaming this since I returned from hip surgery. I am a big fan of what I have seen. Thanks for sharing Danny!

Nice to see Titliest are making improvements in the durability category and sounds like they are making a great golf ball even better. Great review Dan!

Great write up. Really like the before/after pics. Glad to know durability has improved.

Love this ball. I alternate between this and the Chrome Soft. The ProV1x does everything well and the softer feel was a definite improvement. Also, no durability issues so far.

Back