2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

This type of thing is actually really helpful. I have things written in erasable ink on my bathroom mirror. Seeing your reason / goal every single day makes a difference.
I like having things to look at when pushing through last set or last mile. My true motivation is to make sure I’m on this earth as long as possible. My youngest is finishing his last year of HS baseball. Assuming I have grandkids one day I want to be around to see them play.

Having a 9 year old makes avoiding carbs difficult.

IMG_9375.jpeg

My wife came home with the same massive thing of croissants from Costco today. It is tough!
Stay strong. The loaf of sourdough was a bit tougher for me. My wife made bacon this morning and I came down at 2 starving and wanted a BLT so bad. At this point I don’t want to waste a cheat meal on an afternoon lunch though.

I prepped some buffalo chicken in the crockpot for lunches. I did a wrap yesterday and a salad today, and my "dressing" was just more buffalo sauce with 2TBS of light sour cream.....my face is on fire, so spicy!

Also, I lost 3lbs with my higher calorie intake with my new nutrition coach, and after that she bumped me up another 100 calories so now my calorie goal is 1750, and she still expects I will lose fat based on my workouts/activity level.

She also continues to remind me that the scale is a POS and the number means nothing, it's about losing fat and gaining muscle, we are only using the scale as a guide but the actual number is trash and we have no "goal weight", just a goal body.

Last edited:
She also continues to remind me that the scale is a POS and the number means nothing, it's about losing fat and gaining muscle, we are only using the scale as a guide but the actual number is trash and we have no "goal weight", just a goal body.
I hop on the scale every week or two, only because it's there. I'm three weeks into the new cross-fit gym. Most weeks I go 3x week. Some twice but go to Planet Fitness with my wife. Plus yard work season has kicked in, so push mowing every 5 days. I've really focused on eating protein, cutting out processed foods.
Weighed this morning, the scale hasn't budged. In fact it hasn't been more than 1.5 lbs plus or minus all year, even after a week in Jamaica.

Back