3 wheel push carts. Best out there?

juicegoose

Reaction score
Handicap
Found the website from the great clic gear review of a 3 wheel push cart. I was looking at getting one of these little beauties but happen to stumble upon the bag boy 3 wheel cart that has a rotating front wheel.

Anyone have any positives or negatives they have seen over quality of either companies product and more importantly how do they like the 3 wheel carts. What do you you have and how happy have you been with it. Thanks in advance.

Also regarding the new clic gear 3.0 cart and it's gps holder. For those that own it how well does it hold an Iphone? I haven't seen how it mounts to the phone to keep it in place.

I haven't tried the GPS holder on the Clic gear, but am a big fan of the cart. I have no negitive things to say about it at all

I am in the market for a cart also and have begun the hunt, looking at a decent amount of reviews. It appears to me that Clicgear is the best product out there. The only negative thing I've seen in a user review is that drinks can spill when carried in the drink holder. That's it. Every other review is virtually unanimous in praising the cart.

Just saw this in my email about 5 minutes ago:

http://www.golfetail.com/p-201288-i...ent=banner_main&utm_campaign=12mar30_email_dt

201288.jpg

Dont know much about it.

Love my clicgear. It hold my cart bag (C130) with ease and the GPS mount works good. It attaches by a PSA disc with a knob on it. It really holds the GPS well.

big fan of the clicgear...the drinks I use have caps, so no spilling necessary

I love my clicgear too. My GPS holder is on its way, a friend has one on his and it holds his phone and golf buddy very securely.

For those with the gps holder. I'm assuming you have the newer version that offsets the gps to the left of center? Also if i understand you correctly you stick the mounting knob to the back of the iphone case? So it really is more a permanent mount for the phone.

Do you find the ability to turn is impeded being that the front wheel is stationary? That seems like a pretty nice addition on the bagboy version.

It's been my experience that most bagboy carts are less sturdy. Clicgear will last forever, great cart. I own 2, one for my wife.

You should utilize the home page for some great reviews. Go to: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/ and then click on the Equipment tab and go down to Accessories. Or you can do a search for "Push" or "Cart". Go through the pages and you will find the best reviews on the web.

You can also do an advanced search here in the forum for "Push" or "Cart" or "Carts" and probably "wheel" and search Titles only for the forum discussions. There are a lot of threads already out there.

I Love my Clic Gear 3.0.
My Team mate in my men's league picked up a Sun Mountain 3 wheeler it looked pretty good. Not sure of the model. sorry

I have a 2011 sun mountain v1 and my roommate has a clicgear 3.0. we both love our carts. two pints to make. his folds smaller and mine goes through the rough easier because of the slender wheel design. both are super stable carts and both will last a long time! :) hard to go wrong with either

For those with the gps holder. I'm assuming you have the newer version that offsets the gps to the left of center? Also if i understand you correctly you stick the mounting knob to the back of the iphone case? So it really is more a permanent mount for the phone.

Do you find the ability to turn is impeded being that the front wheel is stationary? That seems like a pretty nice addition on the bagboy version.

The mount is permanent. I have the offset holder which is nice when using an umbrella. I can't see the rotating front wheel to be all that necessary. You can lift the front of the clic gear to do any sharp turns... It's not too heavy.

I have a clicgear 2.0 and don't have a bad a thing to say about it.

My father in law has a swivel front tire on his, two issues he has is if the front tire is side ways when he goes to walk its hangs up, secondly he has to watch how he parks it on a hillside so the front doesn't spin around. As for the fixed front wheel its no issue at all and steers fine.

clicgear%20001.JPG

If you dont mind the red disk on the left stuck to your phone, this is for you. As for me, I couldn't bring myself to stick it to my new GPS.

clicgear%20003.JPG

This Bracketron bracket works as well without sticking things to your devices. On the flat bracket that attaches to the cradle there is a trigger to release the bracket from the mount.
This next week I am thinking I may modify the Clicgear holder by removing the latch piece as it is entirely over sized for what it is and attaching the bracketron bracket to the front of the Clicgear mount for the best of both.

Love my 3.0! The gps holder (new, offset) works well with my gps but I haven't tried it with the iPhone. You could buy a "cheap" iPhone case and make it the permanent mount for your ClickGear (using the red disk on the "cheap" case) - just a thought...

Hope you have better luck with the bracketron than I did, it broke after three uses. Hit a slight bump and it came apart and hit the cart path. Luckily my phone was in a otter box.

Clickgear 3.0
6935308650_a86a766235.jpg

I will add to the Clicgear love even though mine is the original I still love it. Both me and the wife have one and the new swivel cup holder accessory make spilling not as bad.

Also regarding the new clic gear 3.0 cart and it's gps holder. For those that own it how well does it hold an Iphone? I haven't seen how it mounts to the phone to keep it in place.

I own a Clicgear and was facing the same issue with mounting an iPhone. Ended up storing the phone in the bag as I couldn't take the remote chance of it dropping on the course and not noticing (almost zero chance of hearing it impact the turf). Would be hesitant of any solution unless it is 100% fool proof (ie. a secured case mounted onto the cart).

Love my cg! Easy to maneuver and lots of gizmos. Gps holder works well. Staff or cart bag fits well. If something goes wrong they take care of you! One of my most solid golf related purchases

Clicgear makes cases for the iPhone 3 and the iPhone 4 that have the knob on the back:

They are compatible with either
or

I have absolutely no concern about my iPhone falling off and getting lost.

BTW, I made the images above into links to the appropriate pages at Clicgear USA

I love my clicker 3.0 and I picked it over the bag boy models. I want this useless accessory

clicgear_seat1.jpg

Back