Advice on Hybrid Shaft for Super Hybrid?

RobDMB

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for some advice for a Callaway 2 Super Hybrid which would essentially be my 3 wood replacement. I'm going to test both the original Super Hybrid and the Epic Super Hybrid. My preference generally with shafts is something that is firm and helps take the left out of play. For reference, I play a HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g in my Driver and my next club is a Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid that I play a Project X 6.5 Steel Shaft in and also play PX 6.5 in irons. As such, probably looking for something heavier for control even if it gives up a little distance.

I've been considering either trying the Project X U Steel Hybrid/Driving Iron Shaft or the Venus HB 10TX shaft (unsure if this is too stiff). Any thoughts/feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I play the Epic Super Hybrid 2 and 4 with the stock SteelFiber shafts in S and it is fine for me. You seem to play heavier more stout shafts than I do though.
My driver is ventus blue 6s and I swing like 102 with it.

Nippon Modus3 GOST is the best hybrid shaft I have tried. Heavier shaft with the feel of graphite.

Back