Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
I know they were purchased but I forgot by who and I still see their shafts on racks and in a lot of off the rack clubs. Especially the ascent line.

But at one time they seemed to be the most out if front brand. What happened? Their website is pretty bland and they do not seem to be introducing anything new and there is no buzz around them.

Take a look at their website. It is almost depressingly black and white.

Still have the RIP Tour 115 SLT in my irons. More shaft than I need, but that’s what I have for now. I’ve always been a fan of the brand and was also very disappointed to see their lineup whither away.

Still have the RIP Tour 115 SLT in my irons. More shaft than I need, but that’s what I have for now. I’ve always been a fan of the brand and was also very disappointed to see their lineup whither away.
I had some rip tour irons. Talk about stout.. the felt pretty terrible too. By that I mean you could feel them. Haha. Have you ever pulled them? The center of the shaft is like a pin hole.

I had some rip tour irons. Talk about stout.. the felt pretty terrible too. By that I mean you could feel them. Haha. Have you ever pulled them? The center of the shaft is like a pin hole.

I haven’t pulled them, but did build them up. I admit to pondering 90g eBay pulls recently Funny, because I’m a fan of that Aldila kick or whatever it is. Many people hate it. Loved the Tour Blue as a driver shaft too.

Obviously Rahm is a fan. He has been playing that Aldila rogue green for years and it is a 10 year old shaft.

It feels like they aren't really aiming for big flashy things. They seem pretty damn successful with partnerships though. The Rogue lines were in stock offerings, working with Ping to make their shafts, the new Ascent is in tons of stuff. Basically the biggest oems. So I'd be curious if things aren't going how they want.

I was a fan of the Tour Green and Tour Blue series. I've bought cheap NVs for "experiments" over the years but it's been awhile since I've gamed anything Aldila at this point

It feels like they aren't really aiming for big flashy things. They seem pretty damn successful with partnerships though. The Rogue lines were in stock offerings, working with Ping to make their shafts, the new Ascent is in tons of stuff. Basically the biggest oems. So I'd be curious if things aren't going how they want.
Yeah, I kind feel the same.

I played a lot of their shafts, from the OG NV to a several iterations beyond that and a set of proto iron shafts based on the byyou (blue shaft). Had a number of email and website discussions with John Oldenberg who I think was the designer of the NV, NVS and a other shafts.

If they are really gone - sad indeed.

Then new Synergy Blue shaft really intrigued me as an upgrade "Blue Profile" Shaft.
Can be had a pretty reasonable price.
EDIT: Mitsubishi does own them.

For some reason or another, I never have tried any of their shafts. I recall pondering them many times but always eneded up going with something else.

I played the NV Green for many years in several drivers and woods. I really liked that shaft. 75X in driver and 65X in woods.

For my last several fittings, nothing from Aldila was even on the radar so I guess I would agree that they are not as prevalent is in the past.

Back