Anybody switch from the same head in the Tri-Hot 5K to the AI-One???

dirty-d

High Speed, Low Accuracy
Reaction score
Handicap
If so why?

I have been really improving with my TriHot 5K doublewide over the last several months, but I rolled a few with a AI-One and I really like the way it looks at address. If It has half the benefits it claims, It might be worth the upgrade for what is basically the same putter. the problem is the doublewide with the crank hosel is only advertised in Womens, so I'd have to regrip it with an oversized grip (not a big deal)

Let me hea your thoughts!

Yes. Much better speed control for me
Mine is a crank hosel actually, but it came at a THP Experience and I believe is tour only

Yeah those crank hosel Doublewide AI-ones are barely advertised on their website as womens clubs and don't have all the custom options. my local golf galaxy says it has 3 in stock, I didn't see them when I was there yesterday. I might need to go to the womens section to find them:cool:

Yeah those crank hosel Doublewide AI-ones are barely advertised on their website as womens clubs and don't have all the custom options. my local golf galaxy says it has 3 in stock, I didn't see them when I was there yesterday. I might need to go to the womens section to find them:cool:
THP Experiences ❤️
There is a ton of direct comparisons between the two lines in the Ai-One thread

image.jpg

image.jpg

but it came at a THP Experience and I believe is tour only

Why is CH tour only or so difficult to find? Seems the same with the plumbers neck Spiders and 7.2 Phantoms.

I think you’ll also see some improvement in forgiveness. I never rolled DW but I rolled Toulon SD and OG white blades and you’ll get away with mis hits a lot so if you rarely mishit you’ll likely never deal with any tbh.

Ooooo me me me. I liked my Tri Hot, but I was more invested in my Toulon for the past two season. I played the Tri Hot, but not as much as I could have.

But the Ai-One DW is already firmly in the bag and I don't see it leaving. I don't have a ton of feedback since I've only putted outside twice and the greens were close to carpet, but something about it just gives me confidence. I'm excited to be switching!

Ooooo me me me. I liked my Tri Hot, but I was more invested in my Toulon for the past two season. I played the Tri Hot, but not as much as I could have.

But the Ai-One DW is already firmly in the bag and I don't see it leaving. I don't have a ton of feedback since I've only putted outside twice and the greens were close to carpet, but something about it just gives me confidence. I'm excited to be switching!
Warms my heart that you love it!

Just don't bet against @BigMac in a hotel lobby putting contest with your putter.

Warms my heart that you love it!

Just don't bet against @BigMac in a hotel lobby putting contest with your putter.
It's fantastic and I'm going low this year with it!

Not the exact same head, but I went from a Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide DB to an Ai-ONE Seven S. The biggest difference I've noticed is better distance control with the Ai-ONE, and less variance when I don't catch it exactly in the center. I'm also making a higher percentage of short putts due to starting them on line better, but that could be as much due to the hosel and/or head shape itself being a better fit for me.

Imo, the AiONE is a BIG jump. The insert is truly revolutionary.

Back