Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Before getting Cobra Connect grips, I had the 2nd gen sensors on another set of irons. As I've switched out some grips (non-Connect) and used the 2nd gen sensors on the grips, I've noticed a problem with sporadically missed shots with some clubs (Connect and non-Connect grips) and all shots missed with others (Connect and non-Connect grips). I've unpaired and re-paired all the sensors without much luck.

I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution before diving in with customer service.

I've never had a round without at least a few missed shots.
Didnt matter Just screw insensors, just grips or combos.

When I have run into that issue, it seems to always be phone mic related. A good cleaning with of the speaker mic area and then constant awareness to place phone in leading leg front pocket with the speakers/mic upright. This seems to rectify most of the issues.

I’ve had two sensors stop working and they ended up being dead. Reached out to customer service to get them replaced. Other than that I haven’t had any issues.

I usually have 12-15 a round. Sunday, through 7, I had 9 missed shots. It then completely missed 5 holes before picking up a few shots with the putter, 58* and 1 4H.

I know Sunday is out of round with what everyone sees normally but how many missed shots in a round do y'all typically have?

When I have run into that issue, it seems to always be phone mic related. A good cleaning with of the speaker mic area and then constant awareness to place phone in leading leg front pocket with the speakers/mic upright. This seems to rectify most of the issues.

I put the phone in my pocket with the mic facing out. I haven't considered the upright part of it. After cleaning the parts, I'll give that a try and see what happens. Thanks.

Ditto. Always something missed.

Before getting Cobra Connect grips, I had the 2nd gen sensors on another set of irons. As I've switched out some grips (non-Connect) and used the 2nd gen sensors on the grips, I've noticed a problem with sporadically missed shots with some clubs (Connect and non-Connect grips) and all shots missed with others (Connect and non-Connect grips). I've unpaired and re-paired all the sensors without much luck.

I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution before diving in with customer service.

change the battery/swap the sensor

it is hit or miss some missed shots don’t bother me i.e. check putts but sometimes if it doesn’t register anything probably need to get a new sensor/battery depending on version

change the battery/swap the sensor

it is hit or miss some missed shots don’t bother me i.e. check putts but sometimes if it doesn’t register anything probably need to get a new sensor/battery depending on version
I’ll change out the batteries, too.

I use my Apple Watch. Love it. But even then it misses 3-4 shots a round. I try to set it and forget it. Then once I pair my watch after the round I’ll sit down when I get home and fill in the gaps via the edit feature. Add penalty shots if any. Change putts just off the green to “rough” Ect. I’m not a fan of the grips. I have the latest screw in sensors in all my clubs. Despite an occasional missed strike it is a fantastic tool and light years ahead of anything else out there. Unless you wanna have your nose in your phone all round marking shots. No thanks.

That seems like a lot. I feel like I miss 1 maybe 2 a side (not including putts) but sometimes I miss none. I likely have some sensors going bad as some of mine are on their 3rd season so it's to be expected at this point. I used to use the phone to pick up shots but now have the link. I do feel the link picks up more than the phone in the pocket

The link is prob the best choice for not missing strikes. I like having my yardages and Caddie recommendation right on wrist with my Apple Watch. The Caddie feature rarely gives me bad advice.

Whenever I’ve noticed missed shots it was because of a dead/dying battery. Their customer service is top notch.

The link is prob the best choice for not missing strikes. I like having my yardages and Caddie recommendation right on wrist with my Apple Watch. The Caddie feature rarely gives me bad advice.

Wait, can you use the watch recommendations while playing the round on the link? That's awesome! I've always been using my phone and the link together

Last edited:
I’ll change out the batteries, too.

If the older sensors on a few tags are just not working after the battery swap, Arccos will sell you individual ones at a lower price point - just reach out to their customer support.

I have one course where it will constantly, without fail, mix up holes and shots then it takes a complete manual effort on the app to line everything back up. That and missed putts (link or phone), battery life of link, all add up to me thinking of ditching for another system or going back to the old days when we had nothing at all.

I'll have a few shots that don't register. Putts and chips (that definitely weren't duffed ) being the usual offenders.

It occasionally adds shots if I have two clubs out, say if between clubs and I take two to the ball or putting after hitting a wedge.

It takes less time after a hole to double check putts and fix shots then it would to write my score and similar notes on a scorecard.

Often I can fix the previous hole while the other golfers in my group tee off - no disruption of play.

I use the phone and my Samsung watch. The watch cuts out a bunch but I'm using my phone to record shots so I just lose out on the wrist yardages.

Overall I like it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

With iPhone in my pocket, I get missed shots here and there. For my last 2 rounds, I’ve been using my belt clip holder for my otter box case on my right hip (I’m a lefty) and microphone facing forward/down with no missed shots at all. I have to adjust my putting strokes here and there when it picks up a practice putting stroke and I end up with an extra putt. I try to be deliberate with club orientation, keeping the sensor down until I use the club.

Haven’t used it in a while but when I did it would miss a shot here and there. Putts…… forget about it. I got to where I took the putter sensor out and just added them manually.

I played four rounds on the weekend with my link at courses where carts were part of the fee (normally I walk so my bag is only steps away) and what I found was that almost every single time I pulled both my 58 degree wedge and putter and headed to the green checking afterwards the shot with the wedge was not detected.

My sensors aren't that old, so I don't suspect a battery issue. Also shots where the only club I had out was the wedge were picked up without issue. I'm suspecting the issue is with having two clubs out at once (I thought it detected usage based on sound)

Anyone else having a similar issue with taking multiple clubs out of the bag at the same time? Any ideas on a workaround?

Back