arms pinching chest, or on top of chest?

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
i have kind of an odd question about the setup position. i hope i can articulate it well enough.

at address, should your biceps be pinching the sides of your pecs, or should your triceps be resting on top of your pecs? i've read about and seen many pros do the drill where they tuck a glove under an armpit and make swings to stay "connected," so it seems like arms pinching the sides would be preferred, but i can't get much of a shoulder turn when i do this. when i "rest" my arms on top of my chest, i can make a bigger turn, though it definitely feels less connected, and it also feels like i'm shrugging and rounding my shoulders a bit when i do this. does that make any sense? which is preferred?

thanks

So a check I do is pick the club up and hold in front of me the bring my arms in until they start to touch my chest. In what your are giving as examples its more of the pinching the sides but you don't want to be to far onto the chest. Definitely hard to articulate this. You should be in a relaxed position with arms hanging in front of your thighs.

Hopefully Freddie can clairy/articulate it better.

The guide that helps me is the target side bicep is over my left pectoral, and the opposite side bicep is under the right pectoral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The glove under the arm keeps you connected and also forces you to use the big muscle. It makes you keep your chest moving through the impact zone.

The arms on top of the chest will engage the arms more than the body. Both are methods to play good golf. You just have to figure out which works for you

The glove under the arm keeps you connected and also forces you to use the big muscle. It makes you keep your chest moving through the impact zone.

The arms on top of the chest will engage the arms more than the body. Both are methods to play good golf. You just have to figure out which works for you

what if neither work?!

seriously though, thanks for the reply. good to know they are both ok.

what if neither work?!

seriously though, thanks for the reply. good to know they are both ok.

Find a good teaching pro:D. heres to wishing you good luck on getting better, like the rest of us its always a work in progress.

Back