Bally Sports no longer available on Xfinity

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As of this morning Bally Sports is no longer available on Xfinity. So freaking stupid, now you can't watch your local sports teams play. During baseball season this is extremely frustrating. The only way to watch is via their crappy app and pay $20/mo. :rolleyes:

Really so dumb, hopefully they reach a resolution quick as both the teams and Xfinity are losing money on this, just figure it out.

Bally is so fricken bad. I hate it.

Didn’t Amazon purchase them though?

• Admin
Bally is so fricken bad. I hate it.

Didn’t Amazon purchase them though?
I don't know. I would love it if Amazon did so I could actually watch the Tigers

As of this morning Bally Sports is no longer available on Xfinity. So freaking stupid, now you can't watch your local sports teams play. During baseball season this is extremely frustrating. The only way to watch is via their crappy app and pay $20/mo. :rolleyes:
For use everything regional went to Space City sports. I just assumed other markets would do the same but I guess not.

The streaming RSN thing is frustrating as ****

I think this is the way local sports programming is going. In NY, they are talking about a super local sports app that covers, Yanks, Mets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Isles, Devils, (maybe Sabres), and some soccer teams that I don't follow. I can't fathom what that will cost. MSG has an app already that goes for $30 that covers the Basketball and Hockey teams. Can only imagine what the cost would be adding in the baseball teams.

Best part is I bet their app doesn't even work half the time. When Bally first took over I tried using the app for Brewers games and it was terrible.

App has worked for us, but Directv Stream has been solid for it

I simply do not understand the strategy of "We have unique content nobody else has, but which devoted sports fans want, so therefore we're going to set our prices so high that every single satellite, cable, and streaming operator drops us."

What clown is running that ship?

Bally sucks.

WGN and TBS had it right.

Back