Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone keep a second set of beater clubs. Im thinking about buying a set of cheap beaters that i can wear out while im making a swing change. My regular clubs are a mint looking set of TP cb's and im afraid im going to put some unneeded nicks and gashes before i get my swing back. Does anyone else do this.

Yep, I keep a set of Nike VR Full Cavity's around for the off season or when things get a little rough with the swing. They are super forgiving and apparently indestructible.

Not a beater set, But I keep a couple backup sets, just for a switch or for company.

I currently own 6 sets of irons, none of which I would classify as beaters. So, No.

Rarely take them out, but I can't let go of my old DCI 962s. Occasionally stick a 6 or 7 in the bag when I go the range for nostalgic reasons. My first set of "real" clubs, and one of the best I ever played. Can't give em' up!

Im really thinking about getting like some old mp33's or somethign in a less forgiving blade thats going to give me more feedback and help me work on my swing. That said I do not wanna spend very much on them because when the league and tournament time comes around my good clubs will be back permanently in my bag.

I don't see the point in an off season beater set. Swing weight, lie, lenght, loft, sole width, shaft I think you need to use the irons you intend to game. Having a second set for company or just to switch out to go for it.

When I get out to the course regularly this year im going to game my good clubs but I spend a lot of time hitting balls in my parents backyard or in the field out by the hospital, places that I cant trust not to have a buried rock or whatever. Im also looking for something a lot less forgiving for feedback and what not. Im really looking for it to be blade so I can measure my progress. When I start playing this year I will be back to my regulars but Ive never had a set near this nice and I just want to look after them.

Take the cash get a lesson and video breakdown of your swing and practice and compare as the year moves on. A blade iron isn't a teaching tool and I think you will do more harm than good when you move back to a GI iron as your gamer.

I used to keep a spare set around. I eventually started leaving them at my inlaws, because I had a set that got just beat to hell traveling on airplanes. I had 2 heads break off in one round because of the way they traveled on the planes. Now I have a very nice travel bag and have not had a spare set up in a while.

Thats a good idea cardinal. I can keep these at the lake so I dont have to worry about forgetting them there, or under if god reaches down and makes my dad go golfing with me lol .

I keep a spare set but not beaters
R11s driver
R11 Ti 3W
R9 5W
RBZ 3H
Mizuno MP 30 4-PW
Vokey 54 & 58

I have my old set of clubs but I NEVER use them. I don't see the point in practicing and getting comfortable with clubs that you aren't ever going to use on the course, your money could be well spent elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I currently have only one set. I gave my old set to my best friend who was playing horribly outdated clubs. They were box store house brands, but were at least a bit better than what he had.

I currently have only one set. I gave my old set to my best friend who was playing horribly outdated clubs. They were box store house brands, but were at least a bit better than what he had.

I gave my Nickent irons and driver to my best friend who was playing Browning 440's from most likely the '60s. MAYBE the early '70s. And a driver with qaq hear the size of a hybrid. (It was metal though!)

Only stipulation was that he went to ge get the loft/lie/lenght checked.

Actually, I do have some odds and ends still still sitting around, gathering dust in the garage. Maybe a wedge or two could be backups in an emergency, but that's it.

Heres a question. Of all of you who have multiple sets of clubs, how many have tested say a project x 6.0 in one set and like a dg x100 in another.

I don't understand the logic in this.

I've been thinking of buying a used set of clubs for travel..... Or maybe buy a new set if irons.

Ive got an old set of Precept Tour Premium CBs. I bought them for cheap on Ebay and should probably get rid of them but they arent really worth anything and I like keeping an extra set around just incase.

I currently own 6 sets of irons, none of which I would classify as beaters. So, No.
Six?

Are they all still used from time to time?

Well I found what I was interested yesterday. I got a set of cg2 with project x 6.5 xstiff shafts on them in a 3-p. If nothing else Im excited to see if I like having a full iron set or if i prefer a set built with the hybrids. Im looking forward to playing around with this set while its cold out. That and they were really cheap so if my dad loses them at the lake im not going to lose my mind.

I only have one set of irons, but when I find wedges I like i'll always buy an extra set or two and put them away.

Im really thinking about getting like some old mp33's or somethign in a less forgiving blade thats going to give me more feedback and help me work on my swing. That said I do not wanna spend very much on them because when the league and tournament time comes around my good clubs will be back permanently in my bag.

I have too many clubs laying around. If you're interested in a set of MP-32s, Hogan Apex (1999s), or 962b, shoot me a PM. They are all standard with either S-300 or Hogan #4 shafts. I don't need much money for them, so it can be a cheap experiment for you.

Back