Bend Wedge 2* flat

esg777

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I saw on social media bending your wedges 2* flat will help with pulling your wedges left. I miss left with wedges and I am seriously thinking of doing this. Has anyone bent there wedges 2* flat and have seen more success with there gap, lob and sand wedges

Yes I have. My Edison 2.0 wedges were consistently going left on full to 3/4 swings. I bent them 2* and they’re much more accurate now. Getting the lie adjusted is not at all expensive, so try it out. If it doesn’t suit you then have them bent back to standard!

Yes I have. My Edison 2.0 wedges were consistently going left on full to 3/4 swings. I bent them 2* and they’re much more accurate now. Getting the lie adjusted is not at all expensive, so try it out. If it doesn’t suit you then have them bent back to standard!

I am leaning towards doing this.

I've done it in the past and noticed an improvement. I need to have my two current SW and LW bent 2° flat.

It helps, to only some extent. If you rip your shoulders across the line like you’re trying to play a pull fade? You’ll probably still pull it.

If you stop turning your body and let your hands take over? Pull city.

Check your divots. If they are deeper heel-side a little, you may benefit from bending them flat.

If you’re pulling because you’re heel is dragging the ground this will definitely help. If you’re pulling because your alignment is bad or your stroke is bad this may not help and it could cause other problems.

I need to try this with my current set as my 9, PW, and AW misses are all to the left. Going to experiment with this in my fitting tomorrow to see the impact, rest of my irons are 2* upright.

Lie angle is a part of the puzzle, but only a part of it.

I personally play my wedges a little flatter than my irons, but there is one major part of wedges that people can overlook: swingpath.

because wedges are shorter, it’s more closely a vertical swing movement, which makes that left miss a bigger probability. Face angle could play another part.

but overall, a proper wedge fitting will help iron out those details. Going flatter can be a good fix, but it could also be a band-aid to a bigger issue. Changing lie angles solely because of shot direction isn’t generally recommended, at least without understanding the full picture of why the end result is happening.

Tried it before as a experiment and it wasn’t great. Bent back to my typical 1° up and continued as before. Biggest issue I’ve had was it felt a little unnatural and didn’t help with crisp chips in my game. May solve your full shot ls but my be to detriment to your partials and chips.

May solve your full shot ls but my be to detriment to your partials and chips.
That hasn’t been my experience at all. I still say try it. You can always go back.

My wedges are flat. When I did my most recent fitting I had one wedge that wasn’t flat and I was missing left more than everything. The fitter bent it flat and my start line got much better immediately.

Thanks for all the info. I am going to bend the wedges and see what happens. I could always bend them back

All my irons including wedges are 2 degrees flat. I’m 5’11” and have long arms so they are also shorter than standard. I didn’t figure out the correct lie angle until I had been playing for 6 or 7 years and it made a huge difference when I did.

All my irons including wedges are 2 degrees flat. I’m 5’11” and have long arms so they are also shorter than standard. I didn’t figure out the correct lie angle until I had been playing for 6 or 7 years and it made a huge difference when I did.
What was the biggest difference you saw when you bent your irons and wedges

What was the biggest difference you saw when you bent your irons and wedges

I no longer had to aim right of the flagstick to have it finish there. Lie angle is more critical the more loft the club has. Not important with a driver but very important with wedges.

Back