Best way to find right shaft?

Amsdell

Reaction score
Handicap
I've never been really able to test shafts when it comes to fitting them to my swing and I really want to dial in on some numbers that fit my swing so I know what to look for. I currently have the Ping i20 with the standard Ping shaft, I tried it with the Project X but it went too high. Now with the new Ping Anser I'm hoping I can try out some different shafts but I would like to keep my i20. Should I just go to Golf Galaxy or is there a better option? Thanks.

A true fitting would be the best way.
THP Ultimate Weekend of Golf would be a very good scenario.
THP Tour Van Events would also be a very good option

A true fitting would be the best way.
THP Ultimate Weekend of Golf would be a very good scenario.
THP Tour Van Events would also be a very good option

Even though I have yet to do any of those 3, these are the correct answer.

The van doesn't really swing by Buffalo, where exactly do I go about getting a true fitting?

Yeah best way to do it is to go to a THP tour van event-word is they have some great shafts to test out-ou may find a great one and meet some fellow tHP members, other than the the best thing to do it to call your local Golftec for a fitting

golftec appointment booked, thanks for the help

One thing I would add - which it appears you are doing is get fit in the middle of the year when you are grooving your swing and have played some golf. I used to always get fit for new irons etc in the winter just because I had more time and less going on. Looking back it was pretty stupid because I hadn't picked up a club for a few months and then went in swinging away. Just a thought for those looking to get fit this fall or winter.

One thing I would add - which it appears you are doing is get fit in the middle of the year when you are grooving your swing and have played some golf. I used to always get fit for new irons etc in the winter just because I had more time and less going on. Looking back it was pretty stupid because I hadn't picked up a club for a few months and then went in swinging away. Just a thought for those looking to get fit this fall or winter.

Good idea. I hadn't thought about it that way, but it makes sense. I usually get the itch to buy new equipment in the spring, but before I've played very much. I have the great opportunity at the AC Van Event to try some things now that I've played throughout the summer. Believe me, I will take full advantage of this opportunity.

If you haven't been fitted yet, try to see if you can be fitted with a swing and launch monitor.
this is how I was fitted for my taylormade r11 driver, and it made all the difference in the world!

Back