Booked my putter fitting

Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Reaction score
Handicap
I booked my first putter fitting for Monday. Besides the obvious grip, stroke, lie info, is there anything I can educate with myself with prior to heading in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The key is to make the changes that will help you start the ball on your intended line and hit specific distance. What kind of fitting? Are you using a Puttlab or just visual observation?

Booked my putter fitting

Not sure if it's puttLab

Last edited:
Golftec.

Booked my putter fitting

So it was a visual fitting today. Determined a had a slight arc stroke. Decided on some putters with some toe hang. Rolled several different types. The Odyssey White Hot Rx 1.0 felt the best. I love the soft feel.
We decided on a 34" shaft and went 2* flat. My old putter was never fitted and I always noticed the toe was upright. With no forward press he reduced the loft down from 3 to 1.5*. At the end we tried a few different grips. I had the slim 3.0 before. I found it too big. After a few different grips I decided on the new P2 classic. It just felt really good.
Just before I left I rolled 3 straight putts in from 15 feet.
I'm glad I got fit. Looking forward to gaming this bad boy in the spring.

Here's the specs:
Brand: Odyssey
Model: White Hot RX 1
Length: 34"
Lie: 68º (-2º Flat)
Loft: 1.5º (+1.5º Strong)
Grip: P2 Classic (Blue/White)
Size: Standard
6b4846584d82f991c2d9caf9d80c4970.jpg

So it was a visual fitting today. Determined a had a slight arc stroke. Decided on some putters with some toe hang. Rolled several different types. The Odyssey White Hot Rx 1.0 felt the best. I love the soft feel.
We decided on a 34" shaft and went 2* flat. My old putter was never fitted and I always noticed the toe was upright. With no forward press he reduced the loft down from 3 to 1.5*. At the end we tried a few different grips. I had the slim 3.0 before. I found it too big. After a few different grips I decided on the new P2 classic. It just felt really good.
Just before I left I rolled 3 straight putts in from 15 feet.
I'm glad I got fit. Looking forward to gaming this bad boy in the spring.

Here's the specs:
Brand: Odyssey
Model: White Hot RX 1
Length: 34"
Lie: 68º (-2º Flat)
Loft: 1.5º (+1.5º Strong)
Grip: P2 Classic (Blue/White)
Size: Standard
6b4846584d82f991c2d9caf9d80c4970.jpg

Interesting how different people can react to the same club. I rolled that same putter this weekend for about 15 minutes. Blade putters in general just feel out of place in my hand. I couldn't get the ball close.

I also tried a Bettinardi Model 2 (Matt Kuchar signature series) and drained 2 or 3 long putts immediately. Can't seem to find the exact model online though. Here's a pic:

8542525746a20e0b2cceae5ecf7f0b3d.jpg

It's interesting how the club that potentially affects our score the most, gets the least amount of time in focused fitting to our game. Something that I really hadn't thought about much, but I'm guessing most (myself included) don't think too much about getting fit for a putter. We tend to roll multiple models until one feels right to us, then buy it.

You'll have to let us know how much of a difference you see going forward.

That is a good looking set up, hope it works out well for you!

Where would you guys recommend someone going to get a putter fitting done? I'm a noob and usually just go with what is one sale at Callaway preowned. I live in Charlotte but travel around the Carolinas pretty regularly.

Where would you guys recommend someone going to get a putter fitting done? I'm a noob and usually just go with what is one sale at Callaway preowned. I live in Charlotte but travel around the Carolinas pretty regularly.

If you want a great fitting in the carolinas I would suggest David Orr

Im curious to know about how much a putter fitting should cost. I am leaning towards a new putter this spring and want to get fitted but I dont know what to expect.

I had a great experience with the Edel fitting process.

Back