Bushnell Z6 or V3?

Cobb

Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking at picking one of these 2 models up here hopefully on black Friday or cyber Monday. After searching around it seems that both units are well liked. However for those of you who have tried both, which did you prefer and why? Pros and Cons of each? I've heard that the button is more firm on the z6 but I do not see that as a problem for me. If there was already a thread on this I apologize as I did a search and didn't find anything.

V3 for me.

I am the opposite and like the Z6 better. Might be I have just had more time with it, but I do prefer the red over the black. Just me though and I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I am the opposite and like the Z6 better. Might be I have just had more time with it, but I do prefer the red over the black. Just me though and I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I actually do too, but the Jolt feature is really good.

When I looked at the two, the red of the Z6 was so much easier to read than the black text in the V3. I do like the jolt feature of the V3 though.

I actually do too, but the Jolt feature is really good.

Meh. For me it's a novelty. Is it beat? Sure. Is it a necessity? Not to me. But I can see where people would really like it.

What about the leupold gx-3i ?
Where does this one stand against these two ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the leupold gx-3i ?
Where does this one stand against these two ?

The flashing display was annoying -even in the store and the reading shows after you release the button.

Z6 for me as well, just have to watch for the pinseeker to light up. Display is awesome and easily readable in all light conditions.

I really like the jolt feature in the V3, on most of the courses I play there are always trees or houses behind the green and the jolt just confirms you hit the pin.

I have tried both and while I LOVED the Jolt feature in the V3, the Z6 red is tough to beat. In the end, I went with a Z6

Thanks for the input so far, as I am currently leaning towards the Z6 due to size and the visibility. Another question though, is either unit better when used with sunglasses? I wear mine all the time while golfing so that's kind of a must to be able to use without having to take the glasses on/off.

I wear my sunglasses all the time as well and I have no issues using my V3 with my glasses.

Just so confused right now on which one to buy, they all have their pros and cons
I think price will affect my decision,
Will probably go with the cheapest one available

I had the Z6 and sold it to get a GX-3i and I also tried my friends V3. I like the red OLED display as it is much easier to read on sunny days and also at the night range sessions. The jolt in the V3 is a cool feature but it doesn't trump the OLED display of the Z6/GX-3i for me.

If you can get a GX-3i for the same price as a Z6, I would recommend that. The GX-3i is noticeably faster, smaller but still easy to hold, and the button is much easier to press.

Yes ATM I can get both the z6 and the gx-3i for the same price, the v3 is cheaper though :/ but
surprisingly not that much cheaper (about $60)

Just seen a commercial for the bushnell 1M, where's that on our imaginary leaderboard?

Decisions decisions .......

Even though bushnell says it's the no.1 used rangefinder on tour, I find it intriguing that a lot of major winners have been using the leupold gx series (mcilroy,rose,Bradley and schwartzel to name a few)
I wonder how many of the top 20 in the world use leupold?

Yes ATM I can get both the z6 and the gx-3i for the same price, the v3 is cheaper though :/ but
surprisingly not that much cheaper (about $60)

Just seen a commercial for the bushnell 1M, where's that on our imaginary leaderboard?

Decisions decisions .......

Even though bushnell says it's the no.1 used rangefinder on tour, I find it intriguing that a lot of major winners have been using the leupold gx series (mcilroy,rose,Bradley and schwartzel to name a few)
I wonder how many of the top 20 in the world use leupold?

I hate to be "that guy" but this thread wasn't created to compare the other brands rangefinders or even the pro 1m, as the titles says "Z6 or V3". Not "which rangefinder is best" or "what's most used on tour". I appreciate the replies but please keep it related to comparing the z6 and v3. If you are looking for more information on the Leupold GX-3i, i would suggest starting Here. Thanks.

Back on topic, for the people using the Z6, do you notice any issues when wearing sunglasses? Another thing I could add is that the course I play most currently does not have the prism flagsticks. Would either unit perform better than the other in that situation? As an assumption I would guess no, as they are probably using near the same system to target objects. But you know what happens when you assume...

Last edited:
I will either be buying the z6 for 200 bucks or a V3 slope edition for 275. I tried the z6 and love the red. I don't care about jolt, but I do like the slope. I shoot around 100 so I wont be playing any tourneys. Would appreciate any insight.

Back