Callway Epic VS Taylormade M2...Help!!

hackernation

One shot at a time
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm contemplating on following the masses with either drivers, but need some feedback regarding the sound and feel off the face for both drivers. I've hit Callaway drivers in the past and just didn't like the sound or feel (sounded like a baseball bat and felt like a thud). I hit them at my local PGASS, but hitting in the bay makes all drivers sound good.

I like the composite sound of Callaway drivers. I like the feel of the M2. I don't like the performance of either driver. I consistently get better numbers off of mine. Please note, sound does not bother me. Sound has no bearing on where the ball is going.

Can't go wrong with either honestly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me personally, it would have to be the Epic

I hit both side by side and the 2017 M2 just didn't work for me, and the Epic gave me better numbers than my current driver

I think the sound and feel of any club is up to the individual to decide whether they like it or not

The Epic has no thud while the M2 sounds like you are hitting a home run.

I would suggest getting a proper fitting and compare the 2 drivers. If you're 50/50 and don't have a brand or look preference, pick the one with the best results.

That being said, I took my dad yesterday to Club Champion for a fitting for a new full set of clubs. He hit the 2017 M2 and the Epic….with the SAME shafts, the M2 was consistently longer and had a tighter dispersion. With the shaft he ended up getting, the M2 was carrying anywhere between 8-11 yards longer, even on misses.

I would suggest getting a proper fitting and compare the 2 drivers. If you're 50/50 and don't have a brand or look preference, pick the one with the best results.

That being said, I took my dad yesterday to Club Champion for a fitting for a new full set of clubs. He hit the 2017 M2 and the Epic….with the SAME shafts, the M2 was consistently longer and had a tighter dispersion. With the shaft he ended up getting, the M2 was carrying anywhere between 8-11 yards longer, even on misses.

Like I said in my post, it was the Epic that gave me the better numbers out of the 2, and in fact the 2017 M2 performed worse than my current GBB, so I would echo the getting a proper fitting comment to find which is better

Had both and would chose the Epic everyday. Looks, feel, sound...the Epic is just better in my opinion!!

Gotta go M2. I like the '16 M2 best for feel and feedback. I absolutely hate the sound of the EPIC and don't feel any feedback on it personally. Go with what feels best for you.

I'm contemplating on following the masses with either drivers, but need some feedback regarding the sound and feel off the face for both drivers. I've hit Callaway drivers in the past and just didn't like the sound or feel (sounded like a baseball bat and felt like a thud). I hit them at my local PGASS, but hitting in the bay makes all drivers sound good.

I spend a great deal of time and effort comparing drivers and I know which performed better for me, but that is irrelevant IMO. I would recommend that you NOT follow the masses. Find a way to compare them side by side (and with your current gamer too) and determine which one performs better with your swing. We are all a little different. I do all my testing outdoors but I don't personally score intangibles like sound and feel. If those are the biggies for you (over performance) then by all means test them outdoors and decide for yourself. Different golfers tend to describe the exact same sounds and feels very differently in my experience. Numbers provide a more tangible comparison.

I think you need to hit both and get some thorough feedback. That being said, if they're comparable, the M2 is so much nicer looking IMO. The white and black crown really is unique and frames the ball well.

m2 is my vote out of those two.

Thanks everyone...I've hit both and numbers were comparable, so I have no problem with going with either, but hitting inside and outside is different as far as in acoustic and was just gathering some feedback.

I have both and I'm going back to the M2 after using Sub Zero for a few months. For me the M2 just goes further, but is less forgiving on misses.

Sub Zero is quieter than M2 in my opinion but both sound good.

I have both and I'm going back to the M2 after using Sub Zero for a few months. For me the M2 just goes further, but is less forgiving on misses.

Sub Zero is quieter than M2 in my opinion but both sound good.
This doesn't surprise me, you absolutely bomb that M2.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I went with the Epic. I like the feel of the M2 better - the Epic almost feels 'dead.' There really isn't much feedback. With the M2, I could actually feel the springiness of the face, which I like. Looks-wise, I'd probably lean M2 also....I'm a TM guy and had multiple TM drivers in a row before this.

BUT....on the good swings, the Epic had more ball speed and distance. And on the bad swings, the misses were less sideways.

I'm a Callaway homer and went with the 2016 M2 first as a 90 day trial. I just wanted to try something different. Towards the end of the 90 days, I tried both the Epic and 2017 M2. I saw a lower trajectory and less spin with the M2. I'm happy with my decision but you really can't go wrong.

Save the money! I really liked the Epic and didn't really like the 17 M2, I was about to blow $700 on it and all a sudden it dawned on me to try the 16 M2, absolutely loved it and hit it just as well as the Epic. Nice thing was it cost me all of $249.
Get fitted to make the right decision!

I would suggest getting fitted! But for me personally, I was able to hit the M2 much longer than the Epic. Unfortunately I haven't spent a ton of time with the Epic drivers. SZ definitely had better numbers than the Epic though.

Back