Car Detailing Thread

Picked up a Bissell Steam Shot for around the apartment and have seen a few videos on people using them on their car interiors. Does anyone have any experience with that?
Any tips / tricks / considerations?

Gave the wife's car a basic wash and did the Adam spray ceramic coating on mine. Didn't realize how many chips there were in my car already in the 6 months I've had it, but damn is it shiny
1000006208.jpg

and somehow I add a scuff with the clay bar mit I was using I guess I didn't spray enough so too much friction and too much pressure.. lesson learned
1000006210.jpg

IMG_8178.jpeg7D64D2EA-8D4B-4AB6-BD68-75CE1A2BE488.jpegIMG_8177.jpegLooks great. Yes I’ve done the same with the mitt. Usually can just clay over it again but might be tough with the Adams. I just did this Tundra last night. Brand new and still took about 7-8 hours. Full Ceramic using the GYEON Q2 Syncro. This truck is glowing. That’s my Tacoma in the driveway to show how glossy his turned out.

I got PPF film on my 2024 Mazda CX-5 purchased new last October. 6 months later and zero rock chips. And washing is very easy.

Picked up a Bissell Steam Shot for around the apartment and have seen a few videos on people using them on their car interiors. Does anyone have any experience with that?
Any tips / tricks / considerations?
I guess it depends on what your trying to clean/remove? While steamers are nice, the real reason professional detailers use them is for speed since hot steam will loosen really baked on dirt/grime fast. IMO like many things seen on the internet, you can get the same results with a more manual approach and not make as big of a mess in doing so.
There are so many good interior detailing products out there that work so well/easy with just a detailing brush and/or microfiber towel, less is truly more.

Spent the day detailing the new wheels. To be honest, the paint was in good shape. I don’t know if it was the harder VAG paint, or the previous owners actually cared about the paint. Either way, there were a couple of areas that needed small corrections for some visible scratches, but other than that, it was a polish with Sonax Pro Finish on a Rupes finishing pad followed by a coat of Turtle Wax graphene Flex wax. Not much depth to silver, so always difficult, but on the plus side, you have to look a lot harder to see the paint imperfections.
IMG_9624.jpeg

IMG_9623.jpegIMG_9626.jpegIMG_9630.jpeg

I need to figure out how to get the clouds/streaks off the inside of my windshield. No matter what I use, I can’t get it perfect!

I need to figure out how to get the clouds/streaks off the inside of my windshield. No matter what I use, I can’t get it perfect!
For interior side I hit with a clean, dry microfiber cloth after using spray cleaner and paper towels and letting things dry,

Still won’t be perfect but it’ll take care of most of the swirling/streaking left.

A microfibre cloth designed for windows makes a world of difference. I use CarPro’s Windows towel and Stoner Invisible Glass window cleaner.

Well did another new truck on Friday. ‘24 GMC Sierra. Literally bought it last week. Just clay, polish and Adams advanced Graphene coating on it. It stays outside and he tends to go,through the car wash so didn’t want to do a full ceramic. Ot did come out amazing and he was blown away how much better it looked then when he picked it up from the dealership.

IMG_8297.jpegIMG_8300.jpeg

Back