Cleveland CBX 2 availability ??

MagicSpell

Team Hackers in 2022 Morgan Cup
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
18 ish
I wanted to relay a recent experience with my attempt to order a new CBX 2 wedge from Cleveland Golf.

I decided to order a CBX 2 wedge from Cleveland Golf and in order to get the fit I desired (recoil shaft, +1 inch long, mid-size grip) I ordered directly from their website. No custom options other than what was available directly from their website. When the order was placed the site indicated that the club usually shipped within 5-7 days. After two weeks I had not heard anything from Cleveland about a shipment so I sent an inquiry to find out the status of my order. It took a day to get a reply and to my complete dissatisfaction the reply simply said, "We have demand exceeded expectations on this head until end of Jan 2021."

WTF? You allow orders to be placed directly from your site for a product that you can't supply for at least 4 months with no mention of that on your site? And even then, after the order is placed you only indicate such constraint when an inquiry is made? What's worse is that I went back to the site today (about 4 weeks after my initial order) and I can still order the same wedge in the same configuration and still no mention of any delay in the availability!

Shame on you Cleveland Golf...

That’s weird and pretty sh!tty. I ordered my CBX2 and CBX Full Face custom from their site awhile back and had them in hand in less than a week

I wanted to relay a recent experience with my attempt to order a new CBX 2 wedge from Cleveland Golf.

I decided to order a CBX 2 wedge from Cleveland Golf and in order to get the fit I desired (recoil shaft, +1 inch long, mid-size grip) I ordered directly from their website. No custom options other than what was available directly from their website. When the order was placed the site indicated that the club usually shipped within 5-7 days. After two weeks I had not heard anything from Cleveland about a shipment so I sent an inquiry to find out the status of my order. It took a day to get a reply and to my complete dissatisfaction the reply simply said, "We have demand exceeded expectations on this head until end of Jan 2021."

WTF? You allow orders to be placed directly from your site for a product that you can't supply for at least 4 months with no mention of that on your site? And even then, after the order is placed you only indicate such constraint when an inquiry is made? What's worse is that I went back to the site today (about 4 weeks after my initial order) and I can still order the same wedge in the same configuration and still no mention of any delay in the availability!

Shame on you Cleveland Golf...
do yourself a favor and buy the Cobra black MIM wedge

Contact their customer service. I had a similar situation come up with their new Huntington Beach Premier line. Once I got a hold of someone actually at Cleveland, things moved really quickly.

These companies are just chin-deep in backorders. And at this rate, everyone's going to want to play golf next Summer too.

Most of their departments other than assembly and shipping have also been working remotely too.

Yeah, that's pretty bad. And it kind of explains why CBX2 wedge prices have remained high on ebay.

I just bought 3 new very recently and the cheapest was 2 from the same seller at $120 (other was $136). I know that they retail for more but prices have remained high for a wedge 15 months on the market.

FWIW, I absolutely love them.

So I thought I should report on an update from this experience. Short story is Cleveland Golf is restoring some bit of customer satisfaction from this customer. Here's how:
In mid-November I received a pretty standard customer survey stemming from my inquiry as to why my CBX2 hadn't shipped. At first, I was not even going to fill it out but as the days wore on I decided to share my experience through their customer service survey. I was taken to a web page to answer a few questions and provide my comments. I filled them out but heard nothing back - until today.

Now it could be complete coincidence, but today I received a shipping notification for my ordered CBX2 wedge! While I still feel like the web ordering process should have indicated the delay in this club's availability, I am definitely pleased that I should be getting my wedge later this week and not having to wait for it into next year! Side note, I'm also glad I didn't cancel my order when I received the backorder news, lol.

Back