Cleveland Demo Day

Cats04

Reaction score
Handicap
7.8 GHIN
I am curious if anyone has been to a Cleveland Demo day recently or within the last year that can provide any info on how the selection is? Do they have a wide range of Miyazaki Shafts? Wondering if it will be worth it to stop out? I do want to check out the Custom driver. It does show the fitting van being present to custom fit.

Thanks!

I am curious if anyone has been to a Cleveland Demo day recently or within the last year that can provide any info on how the selection is? Do they have a wide range of Miyazaki Shafts? Wondering if it will be worth it to stop out? I do want to check out the Custom driver. It does show the fitting van being present to custom fit.

Thanks!

I'm headed to one tomorrow, I'll try and remember to update this thread.

Yeah, that is when this one is -- Sadly I only have about an hour or so to go so wanted to see if it would be worth it. I've been to good demo days and bad!

Hopefully they are incorporating the fitting cart into it. Last year, I went to one and it was so-so. They had a number of driver/shaft combos, but not everything I would have liked to try. Same with the irons. Had a nice little launch monitor though. The guy was very knowledgable.

I was just at one last week. I was hitting mostly irons, and they had the 588 MT, TT, CB Forged, and MB forged all in removable heads. I didn't hit every shaft they had, but it seemed like they had a good selection of KBS, PX, and Dynamic Gold shafts. My buddy hit the XL Custom there in a JDL, Matrix Black Tie, and Miyazaki Kusala; I'm not sure exactly what they had in addition, but it seemed like they had a nice selection.

I guess it depends if they have the full fitting cart or not. Canadan went to one a month or 2 back. He had some pretty good feedback also. Maybe shoot him a PM.

I think there is one at my course in a couple weeks. I'll have to make sure and put it on my calendar and check back.

Just an update for anyone interested - I hit the demo on Saturday and since I had a very short window I headed right to the Cleveland booth. They had a TON of irons and wedges and it looked like quite a few fairways and hybrids. But that really wasn't why I was there. I went straight to the drivers.....they had a large selection of heads and a variety of shafts (Black tie, a few Kusula's, a few of the made for B. Ashas and JDL's) . Most of the shafts on site happened to be X flex but I did he said they would have a better selection on Sunday when the other rep arrived (sadly I couldn't make it). Not sure how much of a fitter the guy was running the booth but he said I could play a Stiff in their the silver or the blue kusula. I hit the X flex in silver decent and they did have a jdl that wasn't bad. I wish I could have made it back Sunday but I think Cleveland did a decent job. Personally I would have loved to see a larger shaft selection but at least I got to hit some Miyazaki shafts for a starting point.

Back