Club Championships - Yay or nay?

arwin

Reaction score
It's that time of year and the club championships are being played right now.

This was my first year as a member at the course and I didn't even consider joining the club championship until it was brought to my attention.
I didn't end up playing in mine this year but I think I will definitely sign up for it next year just for the heck of it even though I won't even be in contention.

Do you play in your club championships? Why or why not?

I always play. I don't ever qualify for the Championship flight but I end up somewhere and have some fun!

Yep love them. It's one of the better tournaments I play in. Well ran, best pace of play for a tournament. It's an absolute blast.

No. Not a member of any club. I get no respect.

There's something special about playing your own course for a tournament. Even if I wasn't going to be in contention I would always play. Very rare you get to play a tournament at your home course. Always a fun time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yes I do play and it's a whole bunch of fun, trash talking and good memories. It's the perk of being part of a club.

I play in mine, they're pretty fun! The matchplay part of it is always good, and the qualifying rounds are a nice way to put a little pressure on what otherwise would be just a regular round.

This is my first year as well, unfortunately I had prior commitments, but I will definitely give it a shot next year. I don't have a shot at being the "club champ" in "players" division but I would give it a shot in the net division.

I do it. I belong to a small club and those tournaments are always fun. They are played without hcp, so I will probably never win, but still fun!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I didnt play last year but have in the past and its a blast. I love playing competition golf and even though I cant win the overall title it is flighted so I try to win tge second flight.

I have played in a couple. What has sort of kept me away recently is more the "clique'ish" mentality that tends to happen at the course. If you are one of the group, the ones that hang out until all hours at night, it tends to be more inclusive and welcoming.
If you are not, it tends to be very standoffish with outsiders.

The club championship here usually ends up with freezing rain/snow falling, just based on the time of year that it goes on (very late). A couple 12 hour days, and some brutal golf. I used to be very into it, now I could take it or leave it.

I try to play in as many events as I can at my home course, but timing and partners are usually the distinguishing factor.

I would love to play in a club championship. Turns out I love competitive golf. But since my home course has the championship here in 2 weeks and my hand won't be up for golf for 4-6 weeks (my timeline, not the doc's), it won't happen this year. Hello next year!

Playing my first club championship in two weeks. This is my first golf tournament so I selected the "easier" flight (playing up 1 tee box). I'm going in with a relaxed attitude but it will be interesting to see how my nerves react if/when the competitive juices start flowing. I'm also using this tournament to prepare for the Bridgestone event in Vegas.

Yes I play in mine. Mainly because it is great experience playing against the best players. In the championship flight, there are no handicaps, so I don't have much of a chance to win, would take me playing 3 career rounds in a row, but I guess you never know. I still enjoy it and try to do my best, and set my own goals.

Back