• Anything over two weeks

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 3-4 weeks starts me thinking if there's another option

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • A month and I'm out.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I'll wait 6 weeks but no more

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 6-8 weeks is ridiculous but I'll do it for the right club(s)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • There is no limit.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
What's too long of a lead time for the clubs you want?

Trying to figure out how to all this and the easiest thing to do is to just make a cutoff. So, you know what you want, what fits, you're fine with the cost, and then you get told a ____ week/month lead time. What's the number that makes you look for someothing else?

I'll wait 6-8 weeks for clubs I really want, but I'll hate it and be like a kid on Christmas Eve the whole time.

For smaller impulse purchases (something like a new wedge I want to try), if it's anything over a week it completely kills the urge for me.

2 weeks build time, not including shipping. I’m not doing anything fancy. Usually a grip and lie angle change. I have a few sets of spare shafts that I know work well so I don’t really wanna wait. I’m more likely to buy a set with a different shaft and swap em out on my own than wait more than 2 weeks.

I'll wait 6-8 weeks for clubs I really want, but I'll hate it and be like a kid on Christmas Eve the whole time.

For smaller impulse purchases (something like a new wedge I want to try), if it's anything over a week it completely kills the urge for me.
Do you have extra stuff to play in the meantime? Does that play a role?

2 weeks build time, not including shipping. I’m not doing anything fancy. Usually a grip and lie angle change. I have a few sets of spare shafts that I know work well so I don’t really wanna wait. I’m more likely to buy a set with a different shaft and swap em out on my own than wait more than 2 weeks.
So anything they don't have on hand or is on backorder and you're out. Would that be different if you didn't have that other stuff, or the same?

Buy rack if able and build them up how I want to, like I would anyways.

In the off season, no limit. I try not to buy new clubs in season.
So as long as you have them for start of season, but in season basically zero. Interesting. 👍🏻

Do you have extra stuff to play in the meantime? Does that play a role?
Yes, I always have my current set (and usually a backup set to my current gamers).

It wouldn't really play a role even if I didn't have clubs and was waiting for them so I could go play - I'd probably still suffer through the 6-8 weeks rather than buy other clubs I didn't like as much and then regret it for a long time afterwards. But if there were two sets I liked pretty much equally and one had a 1 week wait while the other was 6-8 weeks, I'd go with the 1 week clubs.

So anything they don't have on hand or is on backorder and you're out. Would that be different if you didn't have that other stuff, or the same?
If I didn’t have my stash I’m not sure. I’d probably be out until the lead times went down. I’m impatient when waiting for something I’ve bought but I can patiently wait for stock if I haven’t bought it yet. Weird, but it is what it is.

I will wait for the clubs if it is what I want and I was fit for them. I do have other clubs to use.

I will wait for the clubs if it is what I want and I was fit for them. I do have other clubs to use.
Common theme here. What if you're clubs were crap? You play in a warm weather, year-round locale. Would you keep playing an old hand me down box set for 10 weeks or look to go a different direction?

Last edited:
Common theme here. What if your clubs were crap? You play in a warm weather, year-round locale. World you keep playing an old hands me down box set for 10 weeks or look to go a different direction?
I’ll keep playing till the new and shiny shows up Especially for custom fit clubs, if I'm just buying off the rack and they said they had to order and could not get them for weeks I’d just look elsewhere.

Some of it does depend on the time of year. I said a month but if it is the middle of the season and it is a month I may just wait to order until new stuff is released in the fall then order and wait for it to come in over the winter.

A month would have me questioning my options and purchase a bit. I think 2-3 weeks is the sweet spot.

2-3 weeks is generally fine. I’d wait 6-8 weeks, though I’d have to really love the clubs and would hate every day of the wait.

I understand there can be delays, so I'm OK with a month. Any longer than that and I'm seriously doubting the purchase and considering a refund.

I always have stuff to play, so sometimes i'll pre-order things etc....i don't mind waiting. I pre-ordered my T150s and waited like 5-6 weeks for them i think but i didn't care

If i broke a driver i liked and it took them like 6 weeks to replace i'd be pissed

But ordering new stuff i'm pretty forgiving

I just try not to purchase new clubs. However i did purchase new irons from SMT and had them in a week. Thats tough to beat.

If it's exactly what I want, I could go 6-8 weeks. Anything more than that, I'm looking at options

I’ve waited 8 weeks and can say it wasn’t worth it. 6 is the most I’ll wait

I can live with long waits when they're expected, or known upfront. For example, I ordered two Ai Smoke woods the day I could (12 Jan) knowing it would be weeks before they would be sent, I'm ok with this kind of delay. However, I once ordered a Xmas gift in July and it wasn't received until early November, and there was no advance warning of a long shipment the day or ordering; unacceptable.

6 weeks max now. Back in 2021, I nearly cancelled the order for my Apex Pros because they were taking so long. It was supposed to be 4-6 weeks (I think) and they wound up coming middle of April. Based on the original timeline they would have arrived to give me a little practice right before a Spring Break trip. Unfortunately it kept getting pushed back due to component issues and when the "components" finally came in, the club heads were sold out. If I could have found the Apex Pros with rack MMT's or found MMT's online to pair with the clubs from the store (at the time they were not that prevalent on ebay, fairway jockey, etc) I would have and had them build.

Ultimately, I just sucked it up and waited, I think total it was like just over 2 months or 10 weeks. By the time I realized they probably wouldn't be remotely on time, I would have had to wait just as long or longer for a new order with another manufacturer. Worse part was the website wasn't updating the expected ship date, etc. That year was the worst for "supply chain" issues.

Back