Cocking the wrists

BIGBALL

Reaction score
Handicap
Freddie

I have had this issue ever since I started playing - I never cock my wrists in my actual golf swing - most noticeably & detrimentally with the driver? I do during my practice swings, but if I do in my actual shot, the results are not good - usually really steep, resulting in a pop up. And it feels like I am losing the grip somewhat into my fingers at the top? ( I have had my grip checked multiple times - that seems to be the one thing I do correctly! )
In the past, before a few injuries, I was able to do this and still get the ball out there - but now my SS is down from 96 - 99 to 85 ( which I guess isn't awful with a maybe shoulder high backswing and no wrist cock! ) and I know I am leaving a LOT of distance out there.

Have you ever seen this before - and if so - any ideas? Going to try & get my son to video my swing sometime soon, as I know that would help!

Thanks Freddie!

Freddie

I have had this issue ever since I started playing - I never cock my wrists in my actual golf swing - most noticeably & detrimentally with the driver? I do during my practice swings, but if I do in my actual shot, the results are not good - usually really steep, resulting in a pop up. And it feels like I am losing the grip somewhat into my fingers at the top? ( I have had my grip checked multiple times - that seems to be the one thing I do correctly! )
In the past, before a few injuries, I was able to do this and still get the ball out there - but now my SS is down from 96 - 99 to 85 ( which I guess isn't awful with a maybe shoulder high backswing and no wrist cock! ) and I know I am leaving a LOT of distance out there.

Have you ever seen this before - and if so - any ideas? Going to try & get my son to video my swing sometime soon, as I know that would help!

Thanks Freddie!
let me ask you this. Do you arms hang freely under your shoulders or are they extended away from you body?

let me ask you this. Do you arms hang freely under your shoulders or are they extended away from you body?

freely under the shoulders

freely under the shoulders

Ok that's is what I wanted to hear. The angle created by your arms and the club is all the wrist angle you need. If you hold the angle created by the left wrist and the club, fold the right arm and turn the shoulders you will have all the angle you need

Back