Cocoa Beach, FL course suggestions

CoupleQuads

Reaction score
Heading down to Cocoa Beach in mid April for a week, bringing my clubs and hoping to play 2-3 rounds while I’m down there.

I’m hoping someone can recommend any courses they played in the area, not looking to break the bank at a tour venue, but would really like to experience some quality Florida courses to see what I’m missing living in the great white north.

Thanks for any insights!

@CoupleQuads I am heading down in a few weeks myself. Did you land on a course to play?

@CoupleQuads I am heading down in a few weeks myself. Did you land on a course to play?

So far I plan on checking out the Cocoa Beach muni, from online posts it already looks much better than anything that isn’t private around me here in Ottawa.

The other one I’ve found so far that looks nice is the Savannah’s Golf club, will probably look to play there next week.

Savannah’s Golf Club

My first time in the area, I didn’t realize how much of a military presence there is. A couple courses look really nice but appear to be military only, so if you’ve served or are currently serving they might be worth looking into as an option as well

Booked a round at Savannah myself.

Trying to get an earlier time at Indian river preserve but booked up at the moment.

I heard new Smyrna golf club is fun but a bit north

Trying to get an earlier time at Indian river preserve but booked up at the moment.

I was looking at the Indian river course but got the impression it was a private course, must have misread the website.

Duran Golf was another one that I was looking at as a possible option, I don’t mind driving a bit in any direction to experience nice courses.
Duran Golf

My mistake, I was looking at Indian River Colony Club

My mistake, I was looking at Indian River Colony Club
Played at Savannahs Golf Club on Sunday. Fun layout minus a couple tricky holes. Greens were bad.
Round was SLOW, pace of play was awful.

Played at Savannahs Golf Club on Sunday. Fun layout minus a couple tricky holes. Greens were bad.
Round was SLOW, pace of play was awful.

Played it with my dad too! I thought it was a fun quirky layout. I was talking to one of their staff, he mentioned that their head greenskeeper got poached over the winter, but they were hoping to get it together.

IMG_6777.jpeg

Back