Dawg 1

Reaction score
Handicap
Was wondering if any of you in the middle georgia area have been to see this guy, everything I hear is that he is very good in club fitting. Would love to hear some personal feedback if any of you have any. Thanks

I will be interested in any replies as well.

Use the search feature on THP and you'll see several posts about him. I think T0ad has used him before.

Use the search feature on THP and you'll see several posts about him. I think T0ad has used him before.

I searched dana upshaw and dana golf inc before i started thread, didn't see anything. Ill look again

Wasn't he selling the business a couple years ago? He has historically been one of the top fitters in the U.S.

I searched dana upshaw and dana golf inc before i started thread, didn't see anything. Ill look again

Just search Dana Golf

Dana is a great guy and he knows his stuff for sure. I have never had anything fit or built by him, but I have been there when people from all over the state were picking up or dropping off equipment. He is on of Golf Digest's top 100 fitters. He is a sure go to in the area.

My friend used his service and was very pleased.

Dana is very highly regarded, one of my golfing buddies even flew from Maine down to his shop for a fitting and to build his clubs. He said it was well worth it!!!

Just search Dana Golf

Still not finding anything maybe Toad will chime in and post link

Dana is very highly regarded, one of my golfing buddies even flew from Maine down to his shop for a fitting and to build his clubs. He said it was well worth it!!!

I've heard nothing but excellent reviews about him. Warner robbins is only about 2 hours from me so when I'm ready to get my irons fitted he will probably be the guy I see. Thanks for posting

Have been to Dana for some fitting and build work a couple of times. He is excellent at what he does, and is a great guy as well. He has been trying to sell the business for a few years, now. Have to find the right person to take over a business like that, as the primary asset to the business is Dana.

Dana is a class act and a very talented fitter. As others have referenced, people do fly in to see him from various parts of the country.
He is by no means just a local hack operation. A number of years back, I drove up from Jacksonville, Fl (about 4 hour trip) to get a full fitting and could not have been happier.

Not sure what OEM heads he currently keeps in stock, but always had a very good selection of shafts. Might be good idea to check in with him in case you have some specific heads/shafts you are dying to try.
good luck and enjoy

Yes, he is very good at what he does. His equipment is amazing and he'll show you up close and personal how he makes his determinations based on his Flightscope, 3 video cameras, and a couple other tools he uses to fit someone. He loves to share his knowledge and will show you all the angles your club face is making and what that does to your flight path. He found that my iron shafts were too tip soft. He showed me on the camera behind the target line how it was staying bent right at impact. Like I said, his equipment is awesome, and I could play with it all day.

He isn't the cheapest guy in town, but he knows what his knowledge is worth, so go in knowing that. If possible at all, come up on a weekday, like Thursday, around 2 or something and he'll have more time to spend with you, imparting what he knows upon you in big waves. Ask any question about the swing/equipment/what-ifs of anything and he'll gladly show you the answer. I asked a simple enough question once and he pulled up video from like a year earlier that he had saved demonstrating the very thing I was asking.

He has a system where he can attach ANY shaft he has to ANY head which makes something like 83,000 options right there in his office. And after about 10-15 swings, if you're consistent enough, he can pretty much walk right over to the shaft bin and pull the perfect one right away. I thought he was nutso swapping me into what I'm playing now, but I couldn't be happier, and he was right on the first grab. Seriously, it's a good afternoon of golf learnin'.

He has the full Callaway, Mizuno, and I think Cleveland carts. But like I mentioned, he can fit any shaft to any head. Oh, he also started carrying Exotics.

Thanks for posting Toad. Price doesnt bother me as long as i get what i pay for and I'm sure i will. About how long does it take to do an iron fitting if i know which type of irons I'm looking for?

Thanks for posting Toad. Price doesnt bother me as long as i get what i pay for and I'm sure i will. About how long does it take to do an iron fitting if i know which type of irons I'm looking for?
Not Toad, but my first full fitting, including putter, and an abbreviated driver fitting was over 3 hours. As Toad stated, if you are really consistent in your strikes, it can go much quicker.

Oh, and if you do a full iron fitting, be open-minded about club heads and shafts. You may be really surprised what he puts you in to.

if you've never had a putter fitting, do that, too. Very enlightening.

Not Toad, but my first full fitting, including putter, and an abbreviated driver fitting was over 3 hours. As Toad stated, if you are really consistent in your strikes, it can go much quicker.

Oh, and if you do a full iron fitting, be open-minded about club heads and shafts. You may be really surprised what he puts you in to.

if you've never had a putter fitting, do that, too. Very enlightening.

Yes. I was going to ask about the putter fitting, wasn't sure if he done that or not

Yes. I was going to ask about the putter fitting, wasn't sure if he done that or not
Yep, he has a separate area for putters. Has some sort of adjustable putter jig setup that he uses to dial you in on the fly.

Regarding the comment about being open-minded; after he switched the shafts in my Apex 6 iron, and was really smoothing it solidly down the middle, per Flightscope, he switched the head to a JPX825. That's not a head I'd have thought of, but he told me to take a few swings and it felt REALLY good. I was surprised.

I also forgot to mention there are videos on youtube if you just search his name.

Back