Datrek Lite Rider Pro bag/Top Lok review

goalie

Albatross 2023 Club
Reaction score
I'm starting this to get an in depth review of not only the bag, but the Top Lok attachment system.
It will be used almost exclusively on a BagBoy Nitron with occasional riding use.

The bag:

IMG_20220622_151422245.jpg

I was going to go lime green and grey, but it wasn't available when I ordered. The cart and bag seem to color-match nicely, and that's important because, while you may not be able to golf good, you CAN look good. ;)

Weight: the bag is lighter than the Sun Mountain Sync it replaced. Not a lot lighter, but noticable.

Pockets: the cooler pocket is insulated with drain holes, and fits 8 Gatorade bottles. The garment pockets are large, one on each side. The lined valuables pocket is larger than the lined pocket on my old Sync. The ball pocket is a little smaller than on the Sync, and, IMO a better size.

My one pocket dislike is that the Sync had two pockets bracketing the ball pocket that were perfect for a bug spray and sunscreen bottle, and there's no similar "dedicated" pockets for them on the new bag. I'll miss that, but they fit just fine in ones of the side pockets.

Dividers: the putter well fits large grips easily, and the full length dividers are heavenly. I will not miss clubs tangling while going in and out. The dividers fit my midsized grips just fine without being tight.

When riding, there is a strap pass-through that should keep the bag from twisting.

Top Lok: it seems very sturdy and solid. I removed the top bungies, but left the lower bungies on, as there wasn't as easy of a way to remove them as the top. To remove the top bungies, there are two Philips head screws to remove and it's slick and smooth.

I'll update with more pictures after league tomorrow night.

Last edited:
So, I'm really liking this bag. It is lighter than my Sync was. Enough to be noticable on a few hills. The larger cooler pocket was awesome, I brought six Gatorades with no problems.

But, the biggest improvement is the full length dividers that keep the clubs from tangling. The clubs were all easy in/out on the course, and the top layout fits how I like them clubs to be arranged while using a push cart (woods "away" irons close)

IMG_20220623_164729772.jpg

The irons don't hang too close to the console, and are not in the way of opening the console or grabbing your drink.

Last edited:
Good looking bag, and looks nice on the Nitron. I like the sounds of lighter and full length dividers. 6 gatorades? hot damn, that's pretty awesome.

The only thing I can really complain about is that I miss the two pockets on my Sun Mountain Sync that fit bug spray and sunscreen perfectly.

Granted, there was no space issue with the Datrek bag, and they didn't leak or anything, but I really liked those dedicated pockets.

I just loaded up the Sync to take to the lake and leave up there with some spare clubs and the Quad, and I really noticed the difference between putting the clubs in/out. As long as the Datrek IDS divider system doesn't have any durability issues, I'm going to really love this bag.

Last edited:
It looks good. I've had the Nitron before and didn't have a bag with the top lock. I am thinking that's the way to go.

It is. It was more stable than the Sync on my Quad and it wasn't even close.

Plus, it looks amazing with no straps or bungies
It does look sleek. The stability is huge too.

I played an executive 9 by my house. It's rather hilly. The top lok is simply amazing. It's nice to just drop the bag into the attachment area and go. No twisting, no moving around or sliding.

As for the bag itself, one more little thing I found is that I miss having a handle on the bottom to grab when putting it into the vehicle. It's not something I would notice if the Sync hasn't had one, but it did, and I kinda miss it.

Otherwise, the bag is amazing. Only time can tell about durability, but barring some major issues (ripping, broken zippers etc...) I'll be using this for years.

I played an executive 9 by my house. It's rather hilly. The top lok is simply amazing. It's nice to just drop the bag into the attachment area and go. No twisting, no moving around or sliding.

As for the bag itself, one more little thing I found is that I miss having a handle on the bottom to grab when putting it into the vehicle. It's not something I would notice if the Sync hasn't had one, but it did, and I kinda miss it.

Otherwise, the bag is amazing. Only time can tell about durability, but barring some major issues (ripping, broken zippers etc...) I'll be using this for years.

I have an older version and was wondering if this version has a handle on the back side towards the top.

I have an older version and was wondering if this version has a handle on the back side towards the top.
Yes, it does. I've only used the two rubberized ones on top though. I guess that one is for carrying it without the strap?

Yes, it does. I've only used the two rubberized ones on top though. I guess that one is for carrying it without the strap?

I use it to lift it into or out of the trunk.

I really like this bag and cart combo. Looks sharp and the functionality is huge.

IMG_20220707_190550736.jpg

The bag got wet tonight. The valuables pocket did live up to the waterproof claim.

I still LOVE the top lok system. I'm over the initial thing where I really missed having the dedicated pockets for big spray and sunscreen.

The cooler pocket is great with the heat and humidity, but I'm sure most bags have them now.

I do notice the lighter weight compared to my old bag, but part of that may be the Nitron rolling with less resistance than my old Quad too.

I don't usually ride, so today was my first time using it on a cart while riding. Everything was accessable, and no issues with the clubs or putter going in and out.

Still love the bag. 😁

Nice write up! I have the Chiller Hybrid bag and it works wonders with the Nitron Cart, only complaint is when riding I switch to a Ping Bag as it works better (and holds more drinks) in a riding cart. The Top Lok is quite amazing to where I don't want to use the Ping Bag on the Nitron because it's not near as secure and easy to use.

How well does this bag do on non Top-Lok push carts and standard riding carts?

I have used it on a standard riding cart several times with no issue at all, it fit fine. I imagine the same would be true for any push cart. The top-lok mechanism is near the top of the legs, so unless the contact point is there, I doubt there would be any issue at all.

My old Quad push cart at my cabin doesn't have top Lok, and it does fine with little to no twisting.

It's great on a riding cart.

Back