DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

I go to Lake Arlington on the regular and it's a great course. That is true, sometimes very slow pace.
They just cram people in between tee times somethings.
I've always enjoyed that course.

I go to Lake Arlington on the regular and it's a great course. That is true, sometimes very slow pace.
That’s one of the few tracks in DFW that I’ve never got a chance to play yet…

Love the Bridges, but you know it's close for me. Generally when i go it's a weekday so i can use my Military and Senior Discounts. Wish i could have taken off one morning to go this time, But i am already taking off part of next week to work the PGA Championship at the New PGA Courses
I’ll be back sometime and we can all plan ahead.

That’s one of the few tracks in DFW that I’ve never got a chance to play yet…
Let's play it one of these days!

nor have I
Holes 11, 12, 13, 14 will make or break your round at Lake Arlington. 14 is a 240ish yard par 3 from the tips, with a elevation drop of about 200+ feet.

Depending on the wind and how hard the ground is, I've hit a range between a 1w/3w to 7i...lol. Par is a great score on that hole!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hard to believe I’ve never played Lake Arlington. I grew up in Arlington - a product of C.C. Duff Elementary! I was just reviewing info on the course. It’s on the 2024 must play list now.

Hard to believe I’ve never played Lake Arlington. I grew up in Arlington - a product of C.C. Duff Elementary! I was just reviewing info on the course. It’s on the 2024 must play list now.
Not far from Lake Arlington is Meadowbrook that is currently undergoing a major renovation.

NOTE: there are 2 Meadowbrook courses. I am talking about the Fort Worth course....do not get it confused with the Arlington "Meadowbrook" course.

Renovations were MUCH needed for the Fort Worth course and from what I've seen and read it will be a complete re-route, similar to what they did with Rockwood. I think they are still 9-12+ months away from being finished.

As for the other "Meadowbrook" course in Arlington...play it at your own risk, both from being hit by stray golf shots (poorly designed track) and a physical safety standpoint (bad area of town).

What a small world! I live in Arlington and a bunch of my buddies went to Duff. I attended Swift. Along with @mantan , we need to play this course

What a small world! I live in Arlington and a bunch of my buddies went to Duff. I attended Swift. Along with @mantan , we need to play this course
If you have an open spot, I'd join you guys. Played Lake Arlington alot when I lived over that way, over in Keller now so I make it over there 1-2 times a month now.

If you have an open spot, I'd join you guys. Played Lake Arlington alot when I lived over that way, over in Keller now so I make it over there 1-2 times a month now.

For sure!

Back