Jman is your guy here. Has gamed both shafts and is currently gaming the PXi in his Apex Cf16.

My take, the PXi look cooler and had less spin and launched lower than the DG Pro for me.

I don't have numbers buy I played the DG pro in the DFs fr a couple months last year and have the pxi in my cf16s. I would say the pxi and cf16 is giving me a higher ball flight. Weight wise they are about 5g difference and it's hard to tell for me that little big if difference.

imo they are both solid options

I have got a bit (read: a crap ton) of experience with both.

Frankly, its all about what you need.

The DG Pro are progressive, their intent is flatter in the scoring (9-W), higher in the mid (6-8), and even higher in the long (2-5). These are NOT just a flighted set, they feel different as you move through the set, and IMO they are MUCH more effective at achieving their goals. Because of the design, I'm not going to compare their launch to the PXi because its a different beast. Spin wise though, they are very DG-ish IMO.

The PXi are going to launch the ball lower overall, but their big bonus is the weight at which they play. The aim here is on keeping the dispersion qualities of PX but in a lighter and IMO much better feeling overall package. Interestingly though, they're classified as lower launchers but I hit them higher than I did "higher launching" options, goes to show the importance of fit.

I absolutely adore the PXi and they're in my gamers, but the DG Pro are IMO the best iron shaft from TT that is the least talked about.

Both damn solid, its all about what you need though. So, what are you looking for? I'm happy to help more.

Thanks for all the replies. I currently play the DG Pro and like their feel much better than the standard DG. Ballflight is high with them and I'm probably giving up some distance. Friend of mine had a chance to demo some PXi shafts and raved about them. Said they felt better than the DG Pros, launched lower, and picked up some distance.

Biggest thing for me is the feel. Shoulders are getting old. Skeptical because I've hit PX shafts before and did not like.

DG Pro user here (when I am not testing prototypes) and they are may favorite steel shaft we have had in many years, back to TCI. The are so much easier to elevate in the long and mid irons which I need and they feel really smooth.

I played PXi for a month or so in a set I "borrowed" from our sales rep and they were okay, I reshafted with DG Pro and couldn't have been happier.

I would guess that if you really like the feel of DG Pro, PXi isn't going to be the best transition for you. They don't feel as smooth (even though they are smoother than PX OG) and the longer and mid irons don't elevate as easily and roll through a lot more greens for me.

(wait a few months, PX LZ steel feels really, really good and so far the performance has been outstanding).

DB

My gut feeling says you will never get better feedback on shafts than from that DBTT guy...

My gut feeling says you will never get better feedback on shafts than from that DBTT guy...

Love it when DB drops knowledge on us.

And more than that its freaking awesome that he plays the DG Pro's!

DB making appearances in threads is a great thing. Love the bomb dropping on the PX LZ shafts.

DB making appearances in threads is a great thing. Love the bomb dropping on the PX LZ shafts.

Yep, LOTS curious about those beauties.

DG Pro user here (when I am not testing prototypes) and they are may favorite steel shaft we have had in many years, back to TCI. The are so much easier to elevate in the long and mid irons which I need and they feel really smooth.

I played PXi for a month or so in a set I "borrowed" from our sales rep and they were okay, I reshafted with DG Pro and couldn't have been happier.

I would guess that if you really like the feel of DG Pro, PXi isn't going to be the best transition for you. They don't feel as smooth (even though they are smoother than PX OG) and the longer and mid irons don't elevate as easily and roll through a lot more greens for me.

(wait a few months, PX LZ steel feels really, really good and so far the performance has been outstanding).

DB

Thank you for the reply. I do like the feel of the DG Pro, especially compared to the DG, and it is probably the best feeling steel shaft I've hit. Friends review got me excited about the PXi.

Havent heard of the PX LZ shafts?

Thank you for the reply. I do like the feel of the DG Pro, especially compared to the DG, and it is probably the best feeling steel shaft I've hit. Friends review got me excited about the PXi.

Havent heard of the PX LZ shafts?

Here ya go.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?70526-Project-X-LZ-Steel-Shafts-Preview

You can also check out the Live Update Thread from the 2015 Project X The HandCrafted Experience and see a bunch of guys put up pictures and stuff on them.

DB

now THIS. THIS is something that gets me all hot and bothered.

The DG Pro shafts are great. I cant compare them to the PXi but you have had some great advise here. Ive got some s300 AMT shafts ill going to compare to the DGPro shafts soon.

Also i think that DBTT guy only knows everything you need to know about TT shafts, he is awesome.

I am looking at the dg pro as well coming from soft stepped ctaper x. Looking at going regular s300 or dgpros300 or maybe even dgprox100 if I can find a used set.

Is is there a duscussion thread on the dg pro shafts somewhere?

Back