Didn't mean to take a break

Paladin

Otter be golfing
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
...but I did. The pandemic has impacted golf in the area (including affecting a little local invitational tournament we like have around here in the second week of April) and I've been working from home, so the whole life is a little out of whack. I haven't hit a golf ball in months. I've down to my final year of college, so my weekends are mostly paper-writing. I'm trying to determine what getting back to playing golf looks like in an environment where my wife and I now far more equally split time taking care of the kids, where working from home actually makes things more intrusive all things being equal, and where I'm a little less swamped by school. Also, my swing is awful. So I'm not sure how much longer my break will last. I will say I've missed getting out and playing. But sometimes one wanders far enough from a trail that how to gets back to it becomes tough.

These times are definitely strange. Understand where you are with life and appreciate the full plate you have. Seems like the priorities are in line. Maybe a stress reducer that helps cultivate a desire to play would be a bucket of balls every now and again. That way that swing comes back and you get to free you mind.

Sometimes things happen that pull you away, but it also makes it sweeter when you get back. Just keep up the fight & soon you'll be enjoying it again.

Appreciate the full plate you’ve got. Sometimes it just takes a tee time. I find the few hours on course does wonders for my stress levels.

...but I did. The pandemic has impacted golf in the area (including affecting a little local invitational tournament we like have around here in the second week of April) and I've been working from home, so the whole life is a little out of whack. I haven't hit a golf ball in months. I've down to my final year of college, so my weekends are mostly paper-writing. I'm trying to determine what getting back to playing golf looks like in an environment where my wife and I now far more equally split time taking care of the kids, where working from home actually makes things more intrusive all things being equal, and where I'm a little less swamped by school. Also, my swing is awful. So I'm not sure how much longer my break will last. I will say I've missed getting out and playing. But sometimes one wanders far enough from a trail that how to gets back to it becomes tough.
Hey old friend!! Welcome back to the game.

All you need to do is put THP on 11 and you'll be back golfing in no time haha

The Augusta Army installation golf course is opening up again on Friday, and I have a tee time booked already. So I guess you could say I'm back.

I've been playing again for about a month but with everyone being home all the time it seems I haven't had the time I did to be online and such. Definitely get what you are saying.

It was great playing with you in January. You'll make it back eventually. Hang in there.

Good luck with the first round, just have fun and enjoy it.

Good to see you back Steve. 2020 has definitely been a strange year for a multitude of reasons.

As Lucy said to Charlie Brown from the psychiatrist's booth, "The fact that you realize you have this problem means you cannot be too far gone." ;)

I've had a somewhat similar run for the last three years - serious in-law health problems, two grandkids fathered by my primary golfing partner, and now Covid. Fortunately for me, my game wasn't that great to begin with, so I can't really fall off the floor. I can vouch for what others have said - getting out there for the first time after a long hiatus was a great experience. Just keep your expectations realistic and you should be fine.

The Augusta Army installation golf course is opening up again on Friday, and I have a tee time booked already. So I guess you could say I'm back.

If you want to play anytime hit me up. SIM in the garage is also up and running. I've played Bartram and Forest Hills recently.

These past few months have been crazy.

First home back. I should only play once every six months apparently.
f801618debcafcbad232c7fc9d356fb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I sometimes start out like that after a long absence, until I get my swing grooved.

Five over thru 11. Keeping it in play of the tee helps it seems.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice start!

Of course I shoot a personal best 81 after 5+ months off. Now I can over-analyse how I did that into playing much worse next time...which is soon, hopefully.

Finished my degree, but have two kids that play baseball, and another that has 2 theater productions this spring, plus I'm preparing for retirement, which might mean more golf if I get a work from home job, but we'll have to see. I got out and played a few weeks ago and forgot how much I enjoyed playing, but I don't THP much because the new gear bug just doesn't bite much anymore (see overall age of bag) but I'm looking at a new driver sometime this year. Stuff getting a bit more back to normal would be nice.

Glad you are doing well Steven. Need to come down and see you sometime and make you go out to the course.

welcome back! I took a 6 year break back when my kids were little. Sometimes life gets in the way.

Appreciate the full plate you’ve got. Sometimes it just takes a tee time. I find the few hours on course does wonders for my stress levels.

This is so true! Hope you can get back to the game. I can defintely appreciate what you're going through. You're almost there!!!

Back