Votes: 39 69.6%
  • Sometimes. I'll explain.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I don't tip anyone.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Why should I?

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
So I have had 3 paid fittings (and tomorrow is another), I will not be purchasing clubs (at tomorrow's fitting). The Wilson AI fitting is supposed to be relatively pain free and fast, maybe I can get some putter fitting time in the blocked session.

Anyway, knowing all this upfront and the fitting charge - about $125, what it the criteria - is tipping the fitter customary? Is slipping him or her a $10 or $20 reasonable - for a good fit? If my fitter is a different person (it is) do I seek out the last one and give him a $10/$20 as well? Some of this is more serious than it may appear.

So I am curious.

EDIT: Taking @Thrillbilly Jim 's lead, I am going to bring a dozen doughnuts for the shop with me, the rest will depend on the charges and if they let me take some photos of stuff. I tend to get really quickly overwhelmed with data at fittings and forget stuff, so tomorrow I will talk to the fitter about all that I can think of (for sharing in the Wilson thread). Doughnuts and maybe a cash tip - when they realize no clubs will be sold so no commission for that - all makes some sense.
Do whatever you want or what you feel is right. I have a few times because I know the details behind more of it than most. I will say that nearly every assumption in this thread is wrong. Lol So take that for what it's worth. It's all relative to each place, setup, experience, life situation, etc etc though.

It would highly depend on what level of service I got. But I swear if I see a tip jar he's getting nothing.

simple answer.. No. I do not and would not..

It would highly depend on what level of service I got. But I swear if I see a tip jar he's getting nothing.
I think you've been a little spoiled on fittings compared to 99.9% of the golf world.

@JB did say he needed a tip jar though. 😆

I mean with the Experiences and people. Most don't have access to that kind of input and expertise.
Got ya I was going to say I've only had one "fitting" in the last 5-6 years haha

1000066095.jpg

I do find this interesting. I'm literally the only one in the poll? That's shocking honestly. Because I know a lot of you tip Lyfts and Valets and barbers and even mechanics. And it shows even a starker separation (by a decent margin) than the opinions and conversation that started this thread. Which professions do something we can't do ourselves, don't have the equipment to do, etc that may it may not charge a few for services already.

It's interesting. Thanks.

I think there needed to be another option such as did not know it was a thing.

I did not vote, but world have been a no. And for what it’s worth i usually tip or over tip everyone.

Back