Driver shaft after prep is .356"

hemiths

Reaction score
Handicap
Bought a new shaft, Matrix RUL. Prep'd the tip, went to test fit, and wouldn't fit in any of the adapters I had. Used a set of calipers to measure it - came out to .356.

Wtf?

Attachments

• 20180105_174001.jpg
    20180105_174001.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 0
yep, .350 tip

not common really anymore

I wonder if they realized they sold you a .350 tip shaft, I assume you wanted a .335?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yup. The product description on the sellers website listed as .335, when in fact, it's .350. I did a little research and another company has it correctly listed as .350.

I called and emailed them, with no answer or reply. So I'll just have to ride out the PayPal dispute function.

Bought a new shaft, Matrix RUL. Prep'd the tip, went to test fit, and wouldn't fit in any of the adapters I had. Used a set of calipers to measure it - came out to .356.

Wtf?

Can you get a .350 adapter?

Can you get a .350 adapter?

Seems you can get a .350 for the M2 series. Going to order one off Amazon. Now that I've calmed down, I assessed the situation of the shaft - I can tip it 1.5" to get to a non-modified tip. PTS is 3" so I think I'll be okay. Also, I run oversize grips; I added a 12g weight to the M2 head to get back to original swing weight. Maybe tipping this much, given all the factors, may not be a bad thing, lol. I run my drivers at 45.5", thinking I'll run this one at either 45 or 44.5, that way the tipping isn't as pronounced due to more butt trim during final assembly. I'm at 105-108SS anyway, so I'll just have to try and find out. I will report back one I've gotten the .350 adapter and made a go of it.

Thanks all for the replies!

you can shave that down to 335 no problem

I don't even know how to respond to her email... lol. I sent pics of the tip, and also screenshot of another seller that lists the shaft as .350. She can't believe she sold me a .350 because MATRIX SAID THEY WERE .335. Haha.

Golf deals and steals...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180108-200913.jpg
    Screenshot_20180108-200913.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 0
I don't even know how to respond to her email... lol. I sent pics of the tip, and also screenshot of another seller that lists the shaft as .350. She can't believe she sold me a .350 because MATRIX SAID THEY WERE .335. Haha.

Golf deals and steals...
Send back the shaft and be done with it.

Double post

Hey man, what's the latest w AXE?
Robin is in China at the two factories that are building the new stock. I guess they are having some issues maintaining the tolerances that he expects. Should be there a good week.

I have a box of prototypes at the house waiting to be tested, I get home Wednesday and should have some data Friday. Not sure when product will be available but should they have shown some great promise.

I know this has been a while, but I'd definitely send it back, too, if you haven't already. For future reference, if you just pay with a credit card through Paypal, then you can do the dispute through the card instead of Paypal. Disputes through the credit cards are usually simple and pain free.

Back