driver shafts to choose from

wull

Reaction score
Handicap
i was recommended 2 shafts after a fitting and they are

matrix hd 6m3 and the project x 8a4

i've to go back and try them out on the demo clubs,he sourced them in and had them fitted to some drivers he had so i'm looking forward to it.

does anyone have experience with either of these shafts,any feedback would be appreciated.

i can see them being costly but hopefully it will be worth it.....probably cost a few quid more over here as you guys.

Is this for the 905?

Honestly it would probably be a better option (and maybe cheaper) go get an R11 TP or a 910 with that shaft...

Is this for the 905?

Honestly it would probably be a better option (and maybe cheaper) go get an R11 TP or a 910 with that shaft...

how much do you think it would cost to buy a r11 driver with the shaft already fitted?problem is money,i was thinking that further down the line i could buy another driver and have the shaft swapped over but at the moment i like the 905 and it works well.

Probably going to be around 500. You can pick up a r11 TP with a HD Radix 6 in mint condition from global golf for 300, no clue how similar it is to the HD 6m3. I know TC is doing a review on the 6m3.

I have the PX in my RAZR Hawk and the shaft is amazing.

That being said I just put a 7m3 Black Tie into a 910D3 and have yet to hit it but it looks badass!

Probably going to be around 500. You can pick up a r11 TP with a HD Radix 6 in mint condition from global golf for 300, no clue how similar it is to the HD 6m3. I know TC is doing a review on the 6m3.

Entirely the opposite end of the launch/spin spectrum in Matrix's line up.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it Jrod. I think it'll be an excellent option for you

Entirely the opposite end of the launch/spin spectrum in Matrix's line up.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it Jrod. I think it'll be an excellent option for you

Oh well, it was a nice thought. I am not at all familiar with the Matrix lineup.

Those would both be TP shafts so I bet you can get them for 500 + tax on the R11 TP... talk to your pro shop. The Matrix shaft is 450 by itself and I couldn't find a price for the PX but I bet is isn't much cheaper.

Well, I will be hitting the 6M3 next week and I'm excited about it. Not sure what it does, what it will do, or anything like that. Project X shafts are an enigma to me. I really like them in fwy woods and hybrids but struggle with them in the driver. I've tested lots of them too. From the 6.0, to the 7.5 and I struggle with the launch and spin every single time. It's funny though, b/c they are perfect in my fairway woods and hybrids.

I wish I could offer more right now. I think it's ok to buy a shaft and put it in your current driver. Especially if you like the head and are used to it. Nothing wrong or hard about pulling a shaft and taking it with you.

Back