Drivers Taylor Made R11 vs. Titleist 910D

Intimadator2007

Reaction score
Handicap
In the market for a new driver and looking for opinions on R11 vs.Titleist 910 D . In your opinion which is the better club ?

Similar in my opinion. Personally neither of them were at the top of the list for me this year. In fact not even close, but they are well liked by many and in my opinion very similar.

Titleist- Better sound, better feel (opinion), More shaft Options, More options with adjustability.
Taylormade- Less confusing with regards to adjusting, White eye appealing shape, lots of love on tour and around amateurs, confidence inspiring, less of a "players" club vs the Titleist.

My .02

In fact I believe the Razr Fit is the best option of the three. Or the new Anser, I'll have to test that this week

I'm going Adams homer this. But no reason not to try the Fast12ls.

Thanks guy's the info i was looking for . I like the Adams brand and will consider those as well. Would love the new stuff from both makers but need to manage cash right now.

Cleveland Classic IMO is the best driver on the market. If there was shaft option that fitted me, it would be in my bag. The club is beautiful and inspires confidence at address. The sound and feel of the club when you make clean contact is almost indescribably good. I have a Titleist 910 D3 and I like it. However, I have my many issues with it.

Cleveland Classic IMO is the best driver on the market. If there was shaft option that fitted me, it would be in my bag. The club is beautiful and inspires confidence at address. The sound and feel of the club when you make clean contact is almost indescribably good. I have a Titleist 910 D3 and I like it. However, I have my many issues with it.
Lots of Cleveland Classic love in golf this year . It must be a great club.

r11 if you like a heavy head. the 910's look like lop-sided pears. IMHO, it doesn't really matter what we think about it. have you even hit these? if not, do it. ASAP.

Titleist- Better sound, better feel (opinion), More shaft Options, More options with adjustability.
Taylormade- Less confusing with regards to adjusting, White eye appealing shape, lots of love on tour and around amateurs, confidence inspiring, less of a "players" club vs the Titleist.

My .02

In fact I believe the Razr Fit is the best option of the three. Or the new Anser, I'll have to test that this week

I actually think that the 910 adjustability is easier to understand than the R11. With it you just look up a ball flight on the chart that you want then move the hosel and bam. New face setting. The R11 IMO is much more confusing in that sense

I actually think that the 910 adjustability is easier to understand than the R11. With it you just look up a ball flight on the chart that you want then move the hosel and bam. New face setting. The R11 IMO is much more confusing in that sense

There are a ton of different combos on the titleist. A1-4 B1-4 etc

The tm what is there strong neutral open? High low standard? How hard is that?

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I got the R11 but I will say this, I used a Titleist driver and loved it for a while and if I had the money I'd buy the 910 instead-but the R11 has taken care of me, don't expect the adjustability to change swing flaws though-doesn't work

There are a ton of different combos on the titleist. A1-4 B1-4 etc

The tm what is there strong neutral open? High low standard? How hard is that?

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I was never overly impressed with the R11, but it is a lot more complex than that. I believe you can go up or down in loft by half a degree up to a full degree. And the weights also add a lot of options.

Titleist alll dayyy errr dayyy

Look at what's in my bag. I am a huge TM fan and have owned them all except R11s. The RBZ Tour is good but the 910 D3 is just so much better in every way - sound, feel, and adjustability. Try the 910 D3 or D2 and you will not be disappointed.

I just went for a fitting several weeks ago. I don't think you can pick a club just by brand. I had no preference, I just wanted a driver that was right for me. I hit Ping, Adams, Taylormade, Titleist and a couple of others. After I had hit them all for about 12 hits each did we look at the numbers. In my case the Titleist 910 had the best numbers. While I was doing some other things at the range another person went thru the same thing and for his swing another brand was the best for him. You'll have to go hit them all with someone qualified to use a launch monitor and see what works best for you. They're all about the same price so that shouldn't be a factor.

I just went for a fitting several weeks ago. I don't think you can pick a club just by brand. I had no preference, I just wanted a driver that was right for me. I hit Ping, Adams, Taylormade, Titleist and a couple of others. After I had hit them all for about 12 hits each did we look at the numbers. In my case the Titleist 910 had the best numbers. While I was doing some other things at the range another person went thru the same thing and for his swing another brand was the best for him. You'll have to go hit them all with someone qualified to use a launch monitor and see what works best for you. They're all about the same price so that shouldn't be a factor.

Agree with this. I will say, the R11 ( not S ) has changed my game by leaps & bounds! ( But I think the 910D2 fit correctly would have had the same result )The driver ALWAYS was what held me back - now I have more confidence in it than just about any club in my bag...

Between the two, I'd go with Titleist without a second thought.

I have tried a ton of drivers this year (and it seems like they break easily) and have settled on the 910D3 as my driver. I started the year with the R11, but switched to the R11S when my shop gave me full value for the R11 when switching to the R11S TP. I used it until it gave up the ghost a few weeks ago (the crown weld split) and then I exchanged it for the Razr Fit TA. While it did give better performance, I found that the stock shaft didn't fit my swing well and that it didn't last very long as it cracked where the forged composite meets the metal (the seam there cracked).

I finally decided that I would go with the recommendations of my Golftec instructor and went with the 910D3 early last week. They recommended that I either go with the Prolaunch Red or the real, not "made for Titleist" Ahina. I already have a Prolaunch Red that I have a tip ordered for ready to install. With the stock Ahina, I spin the ball a little too much, but the driver is pretty much nails when it comes to hitting fairways. Just isn't as long as my Razr Fit TA with the Prolaunch Red. I think once the Prolaunch is in the club, I will love it.

I have tried a ton of drivers this year (and it seems like they break easily) and have settled on the 910D3 as my driver. I started the year with the R11, but switched to the R11S when my shop gave me full value for the R11 when switching to the R11S TP. I used it until it gave up the ghost a few weeks ago (the crown weld split) and then I exchanged it for the Razr Fit TA. While it did give better performance, I found that the stock shaft didn't fit my swing well and that it didn't last very long as it cracked where the forged composite meets the metal (the seam there cracked).

I finally decided that I would go with the recommendations of my Golftec instructor and went with the 910D3 early last week. They recommended that I either go with the Prolaunch Red or the real, not "made for Titleist" Ahina. I already have a Prolaunch Red that I have a tip ordered for ready to install. With the stock Ahina, I spin the ball a little too much, but the driver is pretty much nails when it comes to hitting fairways. Just isn't as long as my Razr Fit TA with the Prolaunch Red. I think once the Prolaunch is in the club, I will love it.

That's interesting. I have have severely miss hit every driver I have owned. I have never broken a driver. It's weird that you have had it happen to two this year.

The R11S was a mfg. defect. The Razr Fit just had a crack, but the feel was very different. More of a thud, hollow feeling that went nowhere.

They weren't mishits, but likely were both issues. The Razr Fits have had issues according to my local store. They have had a few returned for the same reason. Probably why they seem so hot...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

That question is subjective, but my personal preference was the Titleist drivers. I was never a fan of the R11. I actually don't like drivers that feel super-light, and while the R11 isn't the lightest driver out there, it was too light for me. Maybe a different shaft would have helped with the weight issue. Still, I do love my Titleist driver, despite some growing pains after the initial honeymoon period with it. I tried enough drivers to know I made the right purchase for me.

~Rock

I caved to the hype and tried the RBZ and R11s this spring and sold my 910 D2. I switched back to the 910 in just a few weeks and havent strayed again.

I owned both.
Performance wise... very similar. Both feel great off the face. The reason why I switched to the 910 is because the Surefit. It's not complicated like the R11. Simple to add/de-loft and open/close. R11 has too many things to mess with to get the right "fit".
But, if you don't need the adjustability, go with the Cleveland Classic. I'm thinking about switching myself to it.

I have had the 910 and 11 and 11s. The 11s stood out as it was longer and dispersion was nearly identical. I like that i can buy shafts and pay a relativly small amount for tips. The adjustibility between two is simple. These are both awesome drivers, although if looking, you may want to wait a month or two for some drops in pricing. Not too mention, please get fit for shafts. with these drivers (or any) it is so important.

Back