Reaction score
Handicap
I'm interested in picking up a Adams F11 Ti 13* Fairway and have been looking around the site to see if anyone has any reviews but haven't found anything. So what does everyone think about this fairway worth a shot or is it a piece?

Bump. I too am interested in hearing about this wood. More specifically, sole design, launch, and forgiveness. Thanks.

I had a F11 TI 5 wood with the Voodoo shaft. I've not had the 13 though.

I will start by saying that I really like Adams products. I played with a set of theirs for a while and recently put my father-in-law into one of their sets. I think the fact that there's a nearly scratch golfer and a high handicapper interested in the exact same club really speaks to their play-ability by a large range of skill levels. I mention this solely because if there is any bias on my part, it is actually for Adams' products.

Quick thoughts:
- I personally like the Voodoo shafts and think they work well for my swing. Ball flight was a little high, but it was a 5 wood. I have no comment on the Matrix or any other shaft.
- I liked the top slot for alignment -- a lot.
- I did not like the bottom slot when I was taking the club away. It seemed to drag, but I also tend to ground my clubs. This may not apply to everyone, but for me it made the club less forgiving. Turf interaction was ultimately why I sold the club.
- The TI head had a really nice sound. There was a nice click on contact.
- The face wasn't really as explosive feeling as I'd hoped. I like the feel of Tour Edge's titanium faces better. Honestly, the steel version felt like it had more face deflection.
- Distance wise, I personally didn't notice anything spectacular. It was probably about like a typical four wood.
- Aesthetics are personal. I didn't particularly like the paint scheme on the club or the cover, but that's not a reason for someone else not to buy a club. I will admit that it played into my decision to sell it.

When I was looking into the F11 TIs, I stumbled upon a post on either THP or other equipment related site. It seemed to be from someone with inside information at Adams. It basically said that when the slots were paired with the thin TI face, that the combination was over the USGA COR limits. Adams seemingly had to go back and rework the head because it failed USGA testing. I do not personally know if this is true and I have not verified it with Adams. I will fully admit that this could be false and that I'm repeating a bad rumor. If it is true though, then some of the benefits of going with a titanium face were seemingly engineered back out. If the slotted steel versions are close to the USGA COR, then is the TI giving that much benefit?

Hope this helps......

I play the 15* 3 wood and love it. The velocity slots plus the titanium face really are hot. I lose only about 15 yards going with this off the tee than my driver. The 15* does launch very high and I can imagine the 13* going even farther with its lower trajectory. It is very straight and easy to hit but it is workable as even I can make it draw or fade. All 3 tee shots I hit with it today were off the toe and it stayed straight just right 15-20 yards with not much loss of distance. I used it for my second on the opening par 5 and hit a medium height bullet to set up a short wedge into the green. Also, the Matrix shaft felt so good to me that I searched out its brother to put in my driver. Great prices can be found on these right now since they are last years model.

I've been playing the F11 Ti 15* for about a year now and I have more confidence in it than in any wood I've ever owned. Mine is different though in that I do not have a stock shaft in it, but a 83x Fubuki tour. I originally bought it with the stock Matrix xcon but quickly found out on the range that it gave me an insane ballooning ball flight. So after a swap of shaft/heads with my old 9032ti combo, I was golden.

It has a very shallow face, it took me a few balls off the tee to realize how low I need to tee it, but once I did I was in love. I don't hit 3 wood off the ground very much, but when I do turf interaction is never an issue.

Spin wise it's hard to say since there is going to be ton's of differences depending on the shaft, but forgiveness wise for me I've never had a better 3 wood. When I have to hit it down the middle it's this or the 4 iron depending on how far I need to go, cuz boy it launches the ball. And yes, as with prior models from Adam's its long long longlonglong long.

I think the club head is amazing, and when paired with the right shaft can be flat out awesome. The stock shafts just weren't for me but hopefully you have a chance to demo it or possibly like to tinker and have a few other options laying around.

Thanks guys the info is def. helping me to make a decision on purchasing one. I think i'm gonna head up to the pga superstore this weekend and see if they have one in stock to compare to my dst launcher fairway.

Back