Fairly dumb question on driver shaft length...

Newman21

Reaction score
Handicap
Purchased a Cobra Aerojet Max driver head and now need a shaft. I want the overall length of the driver to be around 45.5". What length shaft do I need including the adapter?

Last edited:
Purchased a Cobra Aerojet Max driver head and now need a shaft. I want the overall length of the driver to be around 45.5". What length shaft do I need including the adapter?
Hopefully, one of the more experienced members can answer, but I believe many driver shafts are butt-trimmed only unless there's a custom flex or kick point desired. (Again, hopefully an expert will reply as I'm very much a novice.)

I've only put together one driver (no adapter) and waited until it was assembled before measuring and butt-trimming to length - taking the end of the grip into consideration.

Without having an Aerojet driver head to measure, 44.5” should get you pretty close.

Best bet is to buy a new, uncut shaft, install the adapter on it, put the head on the shaft after adapter is fully cured and then butt trim to 45.5" playing length.

Best bet is to buy a new, uncut shaft, install the adapter on it, put the head on the shaft after adapter is fully cured and then butt trim to 45.5" playing length.
Measurement IS made from bottom of driver head. Doing all of the above, IF you do not have a fancy ruler, with the 60* bend for the head to rest on, place club head on floor, and measure from floor to butt end of shaft for your desired length. Having someone to hold tape on bottom of the club head helps a lot. Allow about 1/8" or so less, for grip end cap, unless you are using counterweighted grips. Then, you have to allow for thickness of weight..Not perfect, but it will get you really close...

20230206_165249.jpg

Stock 45.5" playing length is 44" from the tip of the stock grip to the tip of the adapter.

I believe 43.5" raw shaft length gets you to 45.5" in Cobra

Back