Featherie Golf Apparel

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A new apparel brand for teen and tween girls started by 14-year old golfer Kate Korngold.

Korngold was inspired to create the brand after struggling to find suitable golf apparel that matched her style and values. After years of playing in ill-fitting clothes designed for boys and young men, Kate set out to establish a brand to embrace one’s power with designs that reflect her vision for inclusivity, innovation and sustainability.

"I created Featherie because I couldn't find the kind of golf apparel I wanted as a teen girl who loves the game,” said Korngold. “Most options out there were either too traditional or too juvenile and almost always ill-fitting – they didn't cater to the fashion preferences of girls my age. Featherie is my response to that challenge – a brand that celebrates form, function and the values of my generation which includes sustainably sourced fabrics that are UV protective. Just as the Featherie golf ball revolutionized the game of golf as the first performance golf ball, Featherie apparel is changing the status quo by enabling girls to feel stylish, confident and comfortable on the course with designs that also enhance performance. Featherie is here to give new and competitive female junior golfers a high-quality line of stylish apparel that is sophisticated, comfortable and functional."

Featherie invites all teen girls who share a passion for golf to explore its debut collection, available online at www.featherie.com and in select golf clubs and retailers.

Featherie_Kate_6.jpgFeatherie_Whitney_2-in-1_Jacket_Pink_S_1.jpgPhoto Jan 24 2024, 8 54 31 AM.jpg

Look at this young entrepreneur. Impressive.

Get after it, kid! Can’t imagine there are a lot of companies specifically designed for that demographic.

I think this is awesome, and I love the look. As a dad two two tween daughters, I really appreciate the focus on their specific needs.

All of that said, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that I found the pricing a bit high. It exceeds what a lot of known adult brands charge. That’s a tough ask for kids that are still growing in the intended ages group.

Good for her. Best of luck.

I heard about this stuff. I actually think it’s awesome. Good for her!!

The stuff looks really good. This is cool to see

Great story. Hope she finds success with this. Love anything that helps girls get into and enjoy golf.

I think it's a great thing to hear, I hope she has a lot of success.

I'm sure the products are great - I don't have anyone in the market for it and it seems a bit pricey for tween products but I'm not an expert in that market.

I think it’s a great story. Stuff looks pretty good too.

…..and here’s the official response.

Mom: OMG I love it, so nice.

Daughter: Pretty, but the skirts are a little long.

(Which means they’re perfect if you’ve ever raised daughters. 👍👍🤣)

That is awesome! Has a problem and goes and solves it herself. Everything looks pretty good too.

This is awesome! Love seeing young entrepreneurs

This is a great story. Love seeing when people have a big vision and the drive to go out and do it

The stuff is actually well thought out. Little details like having a place for your tees, ball market etc. I like the jacket because the sleeves can unzip so you have a vest-so it's 2 pieces in one-a jacket and a vest:

Featherie_Carli_Skort_Pink_4_2.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-03-29 at 11.34.00 AM.png

Hope she does well, I am sure there is a market for that demographic.

Retail is tough! I wish these girls the best!!!!

I think this is awesome, and I love the look. As a dad two two tween daughters, I really appreciate the focus on their specific needs.

All of that said, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that I found the pricing a bit high. It exceeds what a lot of known adult brands charge. That’s a tough ask for kids that are still growing in the intended ages group.
You spoke better than I could have to encompass the full range of my thoughts upon reading the article and then perusing the site. Excitement into gulping.

Seeing a lack of women's clothing on a lot of golf clothing websites, this is very well done. I hope she does well! It looks good.

Back