Feeling the urge to tinker with some equipment

mpeterson

Team THP for Life
Reaction score
Handicap
We're at that time again here in the northeast - it's getting cold, and it sometimes seems to be only 3-4 hours of light in the day. Partly because of the sales, and partly because I'm not doing anything competitive, it's always around this time I want to tinker with my bag.

The wrinkle this year is that there's nothing else to do and I've got a Skytrak, so I can have a bit more fun messing around and collect some data in the process then I would just hitting the ball at the range or in lessons. But what to do? I've got a higher lofted fairway to go up against my lower lofted hybrid from the CPO sale, but something tells me that's going to be a pretty quick comparison - looking at gapping at the top of the bag. Wedges would be fun, but not indoors. I recently got fit for irons and driver, so probably not looking to do much there, unless it's something like looking at a one length setup. Or, maybe along the lines of JB's vanity thread - really digging into what I do/don't get from a players iron setup. Or maybe trying to pick my ball for next year might be a fun approach (with the caveat that I'll have to do this off a mat).

So, what say you, THP? Got any suggestions for me? Please help a bored, cold, member out.

OL Irons.

I don't care what you said in your post.

Kinda care, I took out wedges lol

One Length Wedges 37.5"

This is an interesting idea - can just focus on the short-game side. Obviously can't hit the ball out of a real bunker, but could be fun to do some of the target games, etc. and compare to my wedge setup...

This one is under consideration for sure.

This is an interesting idea - can just focus on the short-game side. Obviously can't hit the ball out of a real bunker, but could be fun to do some of the target games, etc. and compare to my wedge setup...

This one is under consideration for sure.

Dammnit shouldn't have edited my post.

I was thinking more in terms of grinds/etc.

Makes sense, and like you said, you don't have a bunker, but I'm very much intrigued by the OL wedge in 37.5" how is spin, are distances comparable etc. If you can check those boxes, then I think early spring working on short game would be a fun next progression

I like the golf ball evaluations - its kind of cheap thrills with stuff you likely already have. But maybe you already know what ball you like.

fairway / hybrid / utility tinkers will keep me spinning in circles for hours 😇

I'll mail you a set of Icon's to tinker with if you want to tee up some blade vs. T300 wars.

I like the golf ball evaluations - its kind of cheap thrills with stuff you likely already have. But maybe you already know what ball you like.

fairway / hybrid / utility tinkers will keep me spinning in circles for hours 😇

I've got the Bertha hybrid and Flash Heavenwood coming for a different look at the top end of the bag (currently have two apex hybrids in those spots and a pretty big gap to the Flash 3W which is a rocket launcher). Looking forward to seeing what that gapping looks like.

I'll mail you a set of Icon's to tinker with if you want to tee up some blade vs. T300 wars.

That's awesome and I may take you up on that offer - I'll let you know.

Teed ball height and whether it makes a difference in distance or not.

Cold golf balls vs room temp golf balls vs warm golf balls

Surlyn vs urethane covers

Reading these kinds of post really make me wish I had a skytrack or similar launch monitor

test golf balls off your putter. which one feels best and comes off putter face with no visible wabble

Back