Found a bullseye in a shrub

meanie

Reaction score
Handicap
A couple of weeks ago I hit my drive in to a shrub. Nothing new there. It was a big shrub. I went in on the hunt and came out with an old beat up bullseye head that had been in there for God knows how long. I'm sure It was some sort of club tossing rage that put the putter in the shrub. Its in rough shape. I'm no bullseye expert. Is this thing worth refinishing? Can it even be refinished? Does it have any value at all?
450e90491a591aa3c766c38fedb5c3c8.jpg

9d16c6a0aafdff64206b9507895806dc.jpg

90f1969ba1bcf1cc5dc46a466586e3a1.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

It is not worth a lot, maybe in the $50 range, but worth a restoration. Easy one to do.

Awesome find! Definitely give that thing some attention. Personally I would get it restored and keep it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

It is not worth a lot, maybe in the $50 range, but worth a restoration. Easy one to do.
Whats the best way to go about it? Hit it with some sand paper?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

If you do take sand paper to it make sure it is a super fine variety. I would go to an auto parts store and buy the body shop 600/800/1000 grit pack. This should polish up that brass head fairly well. But before you take to sanding I would hit it with some Brasso and see how bad it actually is. It's a brass polish sold in most harware stores. Just spending a few hours polishing it and leaving the battle scars to show great character to the head might be better than a full refinish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Maybe even forget sandpaper and go steel wool only.

Back