Fried Eggs Golf "Something's Gotta Give"

dthrog00

Reaction score
Handicap
It sounds like Randy at Fried Eggs Golf is ramping down the YouTube channel. He said he isn't seeing this as the end of it, but can no longer put the time and effort into it that he had been.

Does anyone enjoy the channel? I really like it. Most of the videos are very funny.

If interested, watch starting at 3:11.

Dave

He makes total sense. Although very popular it hasn't turned into making money for him. Someone will probably watch this and give him a contract to produce videos featuring their equipment exclusively and it will be enough that he can devote himself full time and not worry about a 2nd job to pay the billls.

I'm learning this is a very common feeling for freelancers. I've felt it often.

Randy from Fried Eggs puts out some awesome content. He's basically got the golf+humor market on lockdown, but I guess there's no real money there.

This is also why I love donate buttons on sites I enjoy. I would rather give a little and enjoy the content then have the freelancers just stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have always wondered how podcasting and youtube works financially. I always figured most were doing it on their own dime, sadly that appears to be the case.

There is way more access for people to be involved, but it seems the model to actually make money in producing content has been narrowed down even more than it was in the past.

I have always wondered how podcasting and youtube works financially. I always figured most were doing it on their own dime, sadly that appears to be the case.

There is way more access for people to be involved, but it seems the model to actually make money in producing content has been narrowed down even more than it was in the past.

YouTube pays very little for most. Need several hundred thousand views per video to even hit a few hundred bucks.
Some have really made it a lucrative career and just like with websites, everybody thinks they can do it better and better.

I like Randy. Met him at the PGA SHOW and discussed a number of things including collaboration. Very nice guy that has some room for growth if he chooses to continue.

It can be rather costly. When you consider hosting services, equipment upgrades and other monthly fees you’re looking at hundreds of dollars in some instances.

When audience growth stagnates confidence dips.

At GU, I make no money. I’m fortunate enough to have a great day job to supplement my site and hobby. The only way to be successful in this space is through partnerships with other well-established brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These youtube golf channel by amateur golfers walk a fine line when it comes to making money. I believe the dude who does bebettergolf was going to have his am status taken away by the USGA so he just went ahead and starting selling his videos ect.

It can be rather costly. When you consider hosting services, equipment upgrades and other monthly fees you’re looking at hundreds of dollars in some instances.

When audience growth stagnates confidence dips.

At GU, I make no money. I’m fortunate enough to have a great day job to supplement my site and hobby. The only way to be successful in this space is through partnerships with other well-established brands.

Yeah. It seems really hard to make any money at it, unless you can get hooked up with the right sponsors, or through a media organization of some sort.

I’ve pondered trying it out, but it’s a big commitment to get started, and maintaining everything is an amount of work I’d have to be very certain was worth it.

Yeah. It seems really hard to make any money at it, unless you can get hooked up with the right sponsors, or through a media organization of some sort.

I’ve pondered trying it out, but it’s a big commitment to get started, and maintaining everything is an amount of work I’d have to be very certain was worth it.

Getting started is the easy part. I ran my podcast for almost 80 episodes without spending a dime (aside from annual fees for the domain name and web hosting). Being a one-man-show becomes extremely difficult when you consider producing, editing, recording, writing and creative.

Freelancers are basically auditioning every day hoping someone will want to pick them up.

It sounds like Randy at Fried Eggs Golf is ramping down the YouTube channel. He said he isn't seeing this as the end of it, but can no longer put the time and effort into it that he had been.

Does anyone enjoy the channel? I really like it. Most of the videos are very funny.

If interested, watch starting at 3:11.

Dave

Really love his channel! He makes original content and not he wash, rinse, review,course vlog that everyone else is doing. Sucks that he’s ramping it down and when I watched the video it kinda bummed me out Ace will live on forever though Whoop, Whoop!!!

yeah his take was different and very entertaining, sad to see it end, but I can understand why

I was upset when I watched this 2 nights ago. He's got great content that I truly enjoy watching. It's a shame he's feeling beat down and tired of it... but I'm hoping someone does give him a contract so he'll continue. I'd love to see more of his stuff.

I'm also insanely jealous of the golf relationship he's got with his dad.

I was wondering how much longer he was going to keep going. He tweeted out a few week backs about some of his videos being demonetized. I haven’t seen one video of his bad in any way yet YouTube is screwing him.

I was wondering how much longer he was going to keep going. He tweeted out a few week backs about some of his videos being demonetized. I haven’t seen one video of his bad in any way yet YouTube is screwing him.

Being demonitized happens quite often and you have to ask for a manual review, which can take some a couple of days. They then review the items to make sure that language is appropriate for how it is marked in YouTube settings (by the uploader).

Interesting. Man if I were PGA Tour radio I'd try and incorporate him into something somehow. Club reviews. Skits. different Tour interviews. Who knows. But someone should and needs to use his talents.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Its a bummer, easily one of the TOP youtube golf accts out there. Easily.

That was a bummer to watch. I love watching Randy's videos, as he's one of my favorite YouTube personalities. I totally get why he's doing it though. I hope someone gives him the chance to make content production a full time job.

Back