G25 New Stock 2018

dthrog00

Reaction score
Handicap
Did you anyone else buy any of the new G25 clubs that were brought back out new this year? They brought back the G25 woods/hybrids with the PWR shaft family from the i series of years past (i25?) and irons that I don't think are different from what was out in years past.

My game is off to a rough start in 2018 and I wanted as easy to hit long clubs as possible and decided to buy 4 of them: 23* hybrid (new), 27* hybrid (new), 7 wood (new), and 4 wood (like new used).

None of them are here yet, but I'm excited and fully expect (foolishly or not) to settle down the WITB. The consistency from one to another should help me I think. I also brought my K15 out of mothballs to try and find a few fairways :)

Dave

I just bought an 8 track player. Kidding...but they don't list the G25's on their site.

NO! I WAS KIDDING! The G25's are great clubs...I just don't see Ping offering them on their site. Where are you finding these?

LOL

Carl's Golfland was one place although they've sold most of theirs. Global Golf/3Balls also have stock, but their pricing is higher than Carl's. I paid $99 each for the 7 wood and each hybrid, the like new 4 wood was $93. I hope these are in the bag for a long time and bring some consistency to my long game. Carl's had $79 RH hybrids, but I waited too long.

Dave

LOL

Carl's Golfland was one place although they've sold most of theirs. Global Golf/3Balls also have stock, but their pricing is higher than Carl's. I paid $99 each for the 7 wood and each hybrid, the like new 4 wood was $93. I hope these are in the bag for a long time and bring some consistency to my long game. Carl's had $79 RH hybrids, but I waited too long.

Dave

Cool. I play G15 hybrids so in dog years I'm a generation behind. Last I saw new G25's for sale out here the 4-PW was going for $499 even with graphite shafts.

A local shop has a bunch of these now. They matched the Carl’s price so I bought the 4, 5 and 6 Hybrid.

The 4h I hit ok but for some reason I was a hot mess with the 5 and 6. I thought the pwr80 shaft would help mitigate but draw but it just enhanced it.

Had so much hope for these as they looked great in my bag but it just wasn’t meant to be.

A local shop has a bunch of these now. They matched the Carl’s price so I bought the 4, 5 and 6 Hybrid.

The 4h I hit ok but for some reason I was a hot mess with the 5 and 6. I thought the pwr80 shaft would help mitigate but draw but it just enhanced it.

Had so much hope for these as they looked great in my bag but it just wasn’t meant to be.

You figured all that out in how long?

You figured all that out in how long?

One range session and one round.
I pretty much know after about 3 balls whether a club’s going to work out or not.

I’m not one to alter my swing to make a club work nor force a club into my bag. I took a flyer and it didn’t work out. Won’t be the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer it didn't work out! Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow and I'll put them through the paces.

How are you liking the Tour Edge hybrids?

Dave

I know DSG had a ton of the G25 line lying around because people were just buying the G30 line back then, which was fantastic for PING. Not surprised there is a lot of excess inventory they are trying to liquidate, because that is all I can see this as being.

Did you anyone else buy any of the new G25 clubs that were brought back out new this year? 23* hybrid (new)
Mark Crossfield still plays one of these, and nothing Titleist have done during numerous fittings have been able to kick it out of his bag to date.

Mark Crossfield still plays one of these, and nothing Titleist have done during numerous fittings have been able to kick it out of his bag to date.
His rinky dink he calls it, yeah he gets some control of that club

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I know DSG had a ton of the G25 line lying around because people were just buying the G30 line back then, which was fantastic for PING. Not surprised there is a lot of excess inventory they are trying to liquidate, because that is all I can see this as being.

Yeah I figure these were NOS.

A couple of nights ago I was more than happy to pickup some NOS G25 hybrids off of fleeBay. Looking forward to getting them out on the range to see how they perform.

Last edited:
What is NOS?

My 7 wood came in today and I hit quite a few wiffles in the backyard. The others should arrive tomorrow.

2Bad - I also have a 4 wood, 7 wood, 4 hybrid, and 5 hybrid coming. No 6 hybrid though.

Dave

What is NOS?

My 7 wood came in today and I hit quite a few wiffles in the backyard. The others should arrive tomorrow.

2Bad - I also have a 4 wood, 7 wood, 4 hybrid, and 5 hybrid coming. No 6 hybrid though.

Dave

NOS = New Old Stock

I find that the 4 & 7 is a great wood combination. The 6 hybrids is my favorite hybrid due to it's versatility. You can pound the sh1t out of it, great from fairway bunkers and out of the rough, it's simply a do everything club. See if you can pick one up on the cheap on fleeBay.

Last edited:
NOS = New Old Stock

I find that the 4 & 7 is a great wood combination. The 6 hybrids is my favorite hybrid due to it's versatility. You can pound the sh1t out of it, great from fairway bunkers and out of the rough, it's simply a do everything club. See if you can pick one up on the cheap on fleeBay.

I might have to do that.

The PWR 60 in the 7 wood is pretty stout for R flex. I like it, it's very stable IMO.

Dave

One range session and one round.
I pretty much know after about 3 balls whether a club’s going to work out or not.

I’m not one to alter my swing to make a club work nor force a club into my bag. I took a flyer and it didn’t work out. Won’t be the last.

Curious...you otherwise never hit a flyer?

Curious...you otherwise never hit a flyer?

Misinterpreted me. I meant that I took a flier on buying them without trying them first.

The balance of my order came in, but I had obligations tonight and didn't open them until dark and couldn't hit them yet. The 4 wood is much larger head shape than the 7 wood and appears both should do their jobs well -- 4 wood primarily serving as alternate tee club and the 7 wood for advancement shots off the turf. The 5 hybrid at 27* looks ridiculously easy to hit and 23* 4 hybrid looks good. I decided to splurge and get the 31* 6 hybrid also.

I'm excited! I won't have the manliest golf bag out there with a 6 hybrid, but I don't care! Give me easy golf. Please!

Dave

It seems like loops are often left open in these types of threads. Unfortunately for me all of these basically struck out.

- 4 wood was ok, but I have come to the conclusion that I struggle with fairways and should move to hybrids
- 7 wood launched way too high and lacked distance
- 4 hybrid was ok
- 5 and 6 hybrids both launched way too high and lacked distance

Live and learn I guess. I like the 816 H1 a lot better. I have a good bag and need to stop tinkering!

Dave

It seems like loops are often left open in these types of threads. Unfortunately for me all of these basically struck out.

- 4 wood was ok, but I have come to the conclusion that I struggle with fairways and should move to hybrids
- 7 wood launched way too high and lacked distance
- 4 hybrid was ok
- 5 and 6 hybrids both launched way too high and lacked distance

Live and learn I guess. I like the 816 H1 a lot better. I have a good bag and need to stop tinkering!

Dave

Do you find the 816 H1 less hook prone than the g25?

Do you find the 816 H1 less hook prone than the g25?

The 816 H1 launches on a more playable trajectory for me. The G25s went too high for my swing. I don't know if it is the head or the shaft.

I haven't had any particular issues with hybrid hooks.

Dave

Back