Getting Custom Fitted

K.ROB

Reaction score
Handicap
I saw some threads on here already about getting custom fit, but I can't decide if I should go to Golf Galaxy or GolfTec. The things holding me back are money and quality of fitting.
I know if i go to GolfTec i will get a great fitting but will probably spend more. And the opposite at Galaxy.

You guys have any advice?

Thanks

I'd spend the money to make it worth your time. THP's pro is a Golf-Tec guy, from what I remember, and highly recommends it. Maybe you could post this in the Ask the Pro section too?

Edit: Oh, and :welcome:

I wouldn't pay to be fit at all. There is a golf shop in the area that is locally owned and they don't charge for fittings if you buy from them. The owner is a super nice guy who is more concerned with you getting the proper equipment. This is one of the benefits of living in a large city perhaps, but you may be able to find a shop that will appreciate your concerns and needs more so than a chain superstore might me inclined.

I wouldn't pay to be fit at all. There is a golf shop in the area that is locally owned and they don't charge for fittings if you buy from them. The owner is a super nice guy who is more concerned with you getting the proper equipment. This is one of the benefits of living in a large city perhaps, but you may be able to find a shop that will appreciate your concerns and needs more so than a chain superstore might me inclined.

Not all fittings are created equally.

I would definitely go to Golf Tec.

I have been fitted and never asked to pay. It was included. I think the more specialized options such as PING and TM do charge for their high tech equipment. Either way, getting with someone who is patient and only sells you what you need vs something too advanced is what you want. I would go with the quality fitting because it will be to your benefit in the long run IMHO.

Thanks for the quick responses. Golftec isn't that expensive. I think its $90 and half of that goes towards your clubs when you purchase the clubs through them.

Also, i just looked over in the Ask the Pro section and they just got done talking about GolfTec and how we should go there instead of a big chain store. Guess i will make my appointment asap.

Thanks

Back