GlobalGolf U-Try demo club rental program (easy course testing)

ChristopherKee

Reaction score
Was poking around the web and came across GlobalGolf's new "U-try" demo program. Basically you can borrow just about any driver, fairway or hybrid for 14 days at the cost of $25 (free shipping both ways). The driver will come equipped with an Arccos Driver sensor so you can see real world numbers on the course instead of the store hitting bay.

I know where I live I was having a hard time finding certain drivers to hit when trying to demo and I would have gladly paid $25 to have one on the course for 2 weeks to put up against my gamer. I hope to see a lot more of this from other online retailers. It's a sweet deal.

https://www.globalgolf.com/u-try/

Very cool concept and I like the addition of the Arccos driver sensor on there. A local mom and pop golf store I just found does this very thing, but for free, and I found it very interesting and they might be getting business from me because of it.

Sweet, thanks for sharing CK! I would totally pay $25 if I was legit considering a specific driver and wanted some on course testing. We have most models available in demo (in the sim at the shop) but nothing beats on course demo to me.

Man, I would have totally done this for the Cobra F8 drivers. Had nowhere to test them.

Of course, it may not work where I live, but it is an awesome idea.

great Idea, the accros sensor is a nice touch too

you can even try a XXIO driver, that's neat

Nice deal from them. The Arccos is a really nice touch indeed.

I’m interested in this for sure. Thanks for sharing. Hard to find somewhere that’ll let you take a club on a course for 2 weeks for demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting, I hope they do well with it. Our local golf store does a 3 day free checkout but a longer demo period would certainly be nicer. Will global golf chop the $25 off off your cost if you buy it?

I talked to Global Golf and tha Accros sensor is not in the U Try clubs at this time

Fantastic deal...even if the $25 doesn't apply to a potential purchase.

I would certainly have considered it to demo a LH F8 before I bought my Rogue. I'll definitely consider this going forward.

This is an awesome option for testing. Thanks for sharing!!!

anyone try out this program? Did it go smoothly if you returned the club? Curious if there is any fine print I am missing.

I tried out a few drivers this year using this program, and finally ended up buying about the 4th I tried. All and all it is a really easy program to use, but make sure you have it in the mail on the final day of the trial. I got charged full price for two of them thinking I had 14 days to play and then mail it back on the 15th. They rectified it after I contacted them, but still thought I would mention it. They also subtract the $25 trial fee from the purchase price if you end up keeping it so it really is a free trial.

You also get to keep the Arcos sensor, so I have a collection of them now if anyone wants one.

Decided to try the program. M3 12* driver. I kinda thought the 14 day ticker would start the day after receipt since most of the time it’s sitting at your house while you’re at work for the day. No biggie though.

Shipping was extremely quick. Got here to OH in like 2-3 days. Thankfully my wife was home because Fedex makes you sign for it.

Bigger downside is the club is working. Lol. Ponder mode.

Back