Golf Club Shipping Services

bbuonic81

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13.1
Apologies if this is a duplicate thread - I tried to look around but the number of threads with "shipping" in them is pretty large, so I may have missed it.

Anyways...

Making the first trip down to Florida for a few days with a new baby in January and my wife and I are figuring out the best way to get down there with luggage, stroller, car seat, etc., etc. and golf clubs. The first thought was maybe we'll just ship the clubs down there to not have to deal with them to and from the airport.

Anyone else out there used any of the shipping services to get a couple of sets of clubs from place to place? Any tips? Success stories? Horror stories?

Thanks in advance!

Apologies if this is a duplicate thread - I tried to look around but the number of threads with "shipping" in them is pretty large, so I may have missed it.

Anyways...

Making the first trip down to Florida for a few days with a new baby in January and my wife and I are figuring out the best way to get down there with luggage, stroller, car seat, etc., etc. and golf clubs. The first thought was maybe we'll just ship the clubs down there to not have to deal with them to and from the airport.

Anyone else out there used any of the shipping services to get a couple of sets of clubs from place to place? Any tips? Success stories? Horror stories?

Thanks in advance!

It is more expensive for sure but it is nice not having to lug them around the airport or worry about fitting them in a rental car. I shipped mine right in the travel case last time I went to vegas and would absolutely do it again. Right to the course and didnt have to worry about anything

If you have an airline co branded card. That bag flies for free.

I know there are other threads, but I have used shipsticks and it worked fine. I think it is is overpriced compared to taking your clubs to checking in clubs, but with the baby, stroller and everything else it would probably be worth it to ship them so you don't have to deal with your clubs.

My recommendation for long term is to pick up a Sun Mountain club glider case and a a stiff arm to put in the bag since they are soft tops. Makes taking clubs to the airport so much easier you would not believe.

My recommendation for long term is to pick up a Sun Mountain club glider case and a stiff arm to put in the bag since they are soft tops. Makes taking clubs to the airport so much easier you would not believe.

Or even get a hard cover case. A friend just shipped via ShipSticks from Baltimore to Palm Springs this week and his clubs arrived with a broken driver shaft. ShipSticks is covering the repair. I'm sure it's an isolated case but they were shipped via UPS, why not save the service fees at ShipSticks and ship them yourself to the hotel via FedEx or UPS with insurance?

I know there are other threads, but I have used shipsticks and it worked fine. I think it is is overpriced compared to taking your clubs to checking in clubs, but with the baby, stroller and everything else it would probably be worth it to ship them so you don't have to deal with your clubs.

My recommendation for long term is to pick up a Sun Mountain club glider case and a a stiff arm to put in the bag since they are soft tops. Makes taking clubs to the airport so much easier you would not believe.

This is sort of my thinking. We do have a pair of bags checked for free and while in the past we would have used those for the clubs and just carried luggage on, I think we'll have our hands full this go-round. Even if we were to check (flying JetBlue), the 2nd bag would be $35 each/each way. That makes the roughly $50 for ShipSticks a little more justifiable.

Or even get a hard cover case. A friend just shipped via ShipSticks from Baltimore to Palm Springs this week and his clubs arrived with a broken driver shaft. ShipSticks is covering the repair. I'm sure it's an isolated case but they were shipped via UPS, why not save the service fees at ShipSticks and ship them yourself to the hotel via FedEx or UPS with insurance?

Ship Sticks and others are simply contracting with common carriers ( UPS, FedEx), so your clubs are handled no better than any other package. I agree on using the hard case; yes Ship Sticks will cover the repair, but how much good does that do you when you unpack your clubs at the course ready to go play a round?

Ship Sticks and others are simply contracting with common carriers ( UPS, FedEx), so your clubs are handled no better than any other package. I agree on using the hard case; yes Ship Sticks will cover the repair, but how much good does that do you when you unpack your clubs at the course ready to go play a round?

My friend said Ship Sticks has insurance up to $1,000. He checked his clubs when he got to hotel and the driver was snapped. He went to a local golf store for replacement shaft but he had to play the first round with his partner's driver. Not sure how much more the "service" is over shipping your clubs on your own.

He filed a claim with Ship Sticks and was told they will reimburse for repair but not for a club replacement.

This is sort of my thinking. We do have a pair of bags checked for free and while in the past we would have used those for the clubs and just carried luggage on, I think we'll have our hands full this go-round. Even if we were to check (flying JetBlue), the 2nd bag would be $35 each/each way. That makes the roughly $50 for ShipSticks a little more justifiable.

With all of the stuff your lugging around, I ship them - Ship Sticks always seems to be running some type of special.
Take care of you family and let some else deal with the clubs.

My friend said Ship Sticks has insurance up to $1,000. He checked his clubs when he got to hotel and the driver was snapped. He went to a local golf store for replacement shaft but he had to play the first round with his partner's driver. Not sure how much more the "service" is over shipping your clubs on your own.

He filed a claim with Ship Sticks and was told they will reimburse for repair but not for a club replacement.

I jumped on ShipSticks to find out. $1k ins included. something like $6.99 extra to move it up to $2k. Shipping from PA to FL is roughly $49 each way.

The biggest pain about the repair is not having the club when you just shipped your clubs to play. Let alone damage that is less clear cut; dented clubs, etc. I stand by the hardcase as the only way to ship.

I used ship sticks this spring for a trip from FL to CA. Costed $59 each way (coupons) and was worth every penny. I shipped to the bed and breakfast we were staying at and they were in my room when we arrived. On the return we were at a Hyatt. They printed out my shipping label and mailed out my clubs for me. Was FedEx both ways. It worked great for me as it saved the hassle of airing with clubs. Would recommend and would use again myself. Just find a coupon. You are flying jetblue to FL with wife and kids? Ship the clubs save the hassle.

Also another idea. I'm a pilot and had an overnight in Palm springs. I went to PGASS and was able to rent the same clubs I had at the time (Xhot pros) and even demo some wedges in my set. The rental was just like having my own set. In the end I ended up buying some wedges so they took the rental price off my bill. There's a PGASS in MCO and APF as well. Might be an alternative to the shipping with a good rental.

I used ship sticks for a trip to NE. No issues at all. Even shipped a small bag w balls, rain gear and shoes with it.

It cost $50 each way (or so), but it was worth it - clubs at golf course, no hassle w luggage. Sure it cost more than if I had brought on the plane, but it was worth every penny.

Back