GolfTEC August Newsletter Interview w/ JB

Josh_Ross

Georgia Southern Eagles!
Reaction score
Handicap
On my phone and search isn't returning this topic. I hope there isn't a thread already. I got an email from GolfTEC and it has an interesting interview in it. Take a look.

http://golftec.com/newsletter/august11/page4.html

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

awesome article i havn't had a chance to read Golftecs august issue yet! great job JB

Awesome!

Very nice interview that allows us to get to know JB a little more.

That was cool, is the Sergio interview around anywhere?

Thanks for the link Josh_Ross...very nice interview.

Very cool to see - great job!

Great job!!!

Very Nice!

Great interview, nice to see the respect JB and GG are getting for doing it right. Congrats you two.

I thought this was a nice interview. The GolfTEC in the Golfsmith center I visit saw my putter cover and said he was pretty sure they had a partnership with THP. I told him he was right, and told him all about it and he was very interested. I think it's a great partnership myself.

Great interview, JB.

Very cool little interview. Congrats JB!

Great interview! Nice find Josh Ross.

Fantastic interview, JB!

Outstanding job JB. Really a nice piece. If I may ask a follow up question, what do you mean play to a number?

Great interview! Nice find Josh Ross.

Thanks! I figured THP might like to see it, haha.

Outstanding job JB. Really a nice piece. If I may ask a follow up question, what do you mean play to a number?

I was also wondering what was meant by this.

Thanks! I figured THP might like to see it, haha.

I was also wondering what was meant by this.

Playing to a number means playing to a yardage you know is comfortable. If you are on a par 5 and you can either risk it and try and reach the green or play to say 100 yards where you know you are usually pretty consistent from that yardage. I do this a lot too. 100 yds is a safe number for me, I am confident from this range. So if I have say 200 into the green, I could crush a hybrid or wood and try and get close enough to hit a wedge in or I can play to 100 yards where I feel comfortable hitting the green. Hopefully that rambling just made sense.

Enjoyed the interview! I signed up for the newsletter as well.

Playing to a number means playing to a yardage you know is comfortable. If you are on a par 5 and you can either risk it and try and reach the green or play to say 100 yards where you know you are usually pretty consistent from that yardage. I do this a lot too. 100 yds is a safe number for me, I am confident from this range. So if I have say 200 into the green, I could crush a hybrid or wood and try and get close enough to hit a wedge in or I can play to 100 yards where I feel comfortable hitting the green. Hopefully that rambling just made sense.

Ok, cool. This is exactly what I thought you meant, because I do the same thing. I will take any distance between 120 and 150. If I'm there, I'm gonna be putting on my next shot.

There is a really good thread floating around on that subject. Maybe Smalls could track it down.

Back