GolfTrak Launch Monitor App

Can you please send me an email and let me know what email you signed up - we will get to the bottom of it! :) igor at youknowwhat :)
Just sent you an email, thank you for the help!

@Iggy_type_r do you know if my gSPro subscription that I have with Foresight work or would I need to have a separate subscription?

I've found that if I relaunch it over and over, it will eventually load. Sometimes it takes two or three times, sometimes it takes ten times. I look forward to getting it to the driving range and playing with it soon.
Thank you BigMac. After a couple of launches it finally stayed on

My interest would be using at range to get data. I will be following this thread to see feedback on how it works in these outdoor settings. I took a look on Amazon for the $10 iphone tripod and couldn’t find one , most were $30 and up. I am going to be sure it works well outdoors on range before I invest. To me it would just be for interest but I want to be sure it is pretty accurate.

My interest would be using at range to get data. I will be following this thread to see feedback on how it works in these outdoor settings. I took a look on Amazon for the $10 iphone tripod and couldn’t find one , most were $30 and up. I am going to be sure it works well outdoors on range before I invest. To me it would just be for interest but I want to be sure it is pretty accurate.
At $30 for a tripod is there really that much of an investment for real time data. I used it to hit into a net in the garage yesterday and the numbers were pretty good. If I had a tripod and spent a little more time setting it up the numbers would be spot on I suspect.

At $30 for a tripod is there really that much of an investment for real time data. I used it to hit into a net in the garage yesterday and the numbers were pretty good. If I had a tripod and spent a little more time setting it up the numbers would be spot on I suspect.
I don’t disagree. $30 is not that much but I would rather hear that it works well on the range versus hitting into a net because I would only use it on the range.

I’ll be looking for a tripod today. Going on vacation where I’ll get in plenty of range time. Might as well see how this works. Only thing to lose is price of cheap Walmart tripod.

I don’t disagree. $30 is not that much but I would rather hear that it works well on the range versus hitting into a net because I would only use it on the range.
If I get out to a range I will for do Some testing for you.

I was going to take it out to the range to test it today, but 25 mph winds all day and rain coming...nah.

I like the thought and way to push to envelope on using a phone's camera for ball data. Ball speed and launch metrics are very limited though to get completely accurate ball flight

I like the thought and way to push to envelope on using a phone's camera for ball data. Ball speed and launch metrics are very limited though to get completely accurate ball flight
For the price (free) and the convenience of having it available on my phone, I'll gladly accept the limitations if it's even reasonably accurate, most of the time.

I think it's reasonable to have realistic expectations from an app running on a phone, using a tiny phone camera. There's a reason that a device like a GC Quad, with 4 high speed cameras and very purpose-focused engineering, costs $16,000.

For the price (free) and the convenience of having it available on my phone, I'll gladly accept the limitations if it's even reasonably accurate, most of the time.

I think it's reasonable to have realistic expectations from an app running on a phone, using a tiny phone camera. There's a reason that a device like a GC Quad, with 4 high speed cameras and very purpose-focused engineering, costs $16,000.
What I’ve seen in limited testing…it can only get better.

Free is always good and I agree that limited data if it's close can be helpful. I've just seen some people groove a swing with bad data and it hurts their game for a little bit

Have you had a chance to try it outside yet.
I haven’t just into the net. Headed out of town tomorrow so earliest would be Wed. I ordered the tripod though, so I will be ready.

Hope to get in some Sim time tomorrow. If so I’ll set up phone and compare to skytrak Then try it outside on Thursday hopefully

Still haven't gotten it outdoors, but the app was updated last night and now it seems to reliably launch on the first try.

The other benefit of an app is that we are improving our models on a weekly basis - the more users hit shots, the more accurate it becomes. Plus once the next iPhone comes out, cameras are better, GPU/CPU is better and so on and so forth :)

If this comes iyt for Android I will definitely give it a try.

@Iggy_type_r the app looks pretty cool. Although for a variety of reasons I haven’t had a chance to actually hit balls and test it out yet. One possible bug or concern I’ve noticed: when launching the app it sets my phone screen to full brightness. Is this intentional?

Well this is definitely interesting! Can’t wait to give it a try!

Yeah I'm downloading this now.

@Iggy_type_r the app looks pretty cool. Although for a variety of reasons I haven’t had a chance to actually hit balls and test it out yet. One possible bug or concern I’ve noticed: when launching the app it sets my phone screen to full brightness. Is this intentional?
Hi yes it's a small bug we are changing it to not do that (it is often needed laterin the process). Thank you!

Back