GP Tour Velvet Cord v. Z Grip?

I prefer the TV Cord, they’re what I moved to this seasons in fact because it’s the cord feeling I love, but also some of that TV feel that’s made them iconic. I’ve played the Z’s for seasons before and enjoy them, but they’re just rough on rough (which I enjoy)

Zcord is firmer and rougher. Until recently zcord was the only Golf Pride full cord grip you could get in midsize.

If you play in a cool environment you may notice the zcord can lose a lot of its rubber feel.

Both are good grips.

TV Cords on all my clubs in the bag. Zcord is a great grip but really firm. With TV BCT, just the right amount of both cord and soft/firmness.

Agree with the others in that the z cord is firmer and rougher(slightly). I liked the z cords but they seemed to wear out real fast in my experience.

Currently have TV Cords on all of my clubs except 50 - 54 - 58 (have always preferred a multicompound grip on wedges for some reason). Prefer them to the Z-Grips because, for me, they seem to offer a little more feel. Don't mind the Z-Grip on driver but definitely prefer the TV Cord on irons. Just overall a little more comfortable of a grip to me.

I just regripped my clubs with Tour Velvet Cords. Love the cords and the feel of the grip. Z-grips are very firm.

Back